With regard to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are continuing to deliver our services where at all possible bearing in mind social/physical distancing. Our recruitment will also be completed remotely to ensure we adhere to any government guidance.
All applicants will need to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK before we can confirm unconditional offers of employment.
We Are With You (formerly Addaction) is one of the leading national charities providing evidence-based support for substance misuse, mental health and family services across the UK.
We currently have exciting new specialist posts for Community Navigators to work in our Dumfries and Galloway, Drug and Alcohol Service. The Community Navigators will work as part of a newly formed multi-disciplinary and partnership team and its main focus will be working with people who use drugs and alcohol, who have complex vulnerabilities and are at high risk of drug or alcohol related death or non fatal overdose.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
• To provide an assertive outreach and intensive support service to engage with vulnerable adults affected by alcohol or drug use, who may have complex vulnerabilities and be at high risk of dropping out of service or who have never engaged with services
• To assertively engage with individuals who are engaged in risk taking behaviours and are at a higher risk of a drug or alcohol related death or non fatal overdose.
• To act as a direct support and connection between individuals in prison and services in the community and actively support them to engage with community services.
• To provide a period of intensive wrap around support and harm reduction to enable the individual to engage with mainstream treatment and recovery services
• Community Navigators will continue to actively work with individuals following release to ensure that they are supported to link in with community support and services.
The successful candidates will need to be calm, confident and well organised with a successful track record of working with substance misuse service users and managing complex cases in a health, social care, prison or criminal justice setting.
We are keen to hear from people who have a lived history of drug and alcohol use and/or the prison environment.
He/she will also have strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as a team player in a collaborative and supportive manner. He/she will be someone who thrives under pressure, with good time management and prioritisation skills.
Extensive knowledge of community support services, relevant to this work across Dumfries and Galloway, would be a distinct advantage.
Candidates must have a Level 3 SVQ in Social Services and Health Care, Community Development or an equivalent level qualification and be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
As this work will involve travel across Dumfries & Galloway the successful candidates must have a full, clean UK driving licence and have use of their own car.
This post is considered to be regulated work with protected adults and children as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly you will be required to become a member of the PVG scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update if already a member. In addition, you will be required to undergo a prison clearance check.
Successful completion of both of these checks will have to be in place prior to any formal offer of employment being made. We will also seek references from your current employer as part of the selection process.
A comprehensive job description and role profile is provided below
At We Are With You we offer excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive, compassionate, professional and friendly team.
Benefits of working with We Are With You
● 28 days holiday plus a bank holiday allowance (pro rata for part time staff)
● Enhanced employer pension contribution
● Death in service benefit scheme
● Flexible working patterns to help with work life balance
● Training and development opportunities
● 24/7 access to employee assistance programme
● Cycle to work scheme
Information about us and our recruitment processes
We invest in people; silver accredited.
We are an equal opportunities employer and have committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of our work. Although we welcome applications from all sections of the community we are only able to employ those who have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please note that all applications must be made via the Addaction web site; CVs will not be accepted. Once you reach the Addaction site, click on the job vacancies link at the foot of the page and search for the vacancy by selecting Scotland in the region search box.
Please note that due to the current restrictions imposed by COVID-19, video interviews will need to take place, so access to a laptop with audio and camera facilities will be necessary.
If you would like further information regarding this position please contact Hazel Smith / firstname.lastname@example.org / 07587 129 732
Closing Date for Applications: 12th July 2020
Planned Interview Date: w/c 20th July 2020