An exciting opportunity to work as part of the Gate Church Carbon Saving Project team, this position is funded
through the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund. The Gate Church Carbon Saving Project aims to promote
behaviour changes that encourage low carbon lifestyles within the local community while providing real help to
those experiencing material and food poverty across Dundee, working in close partnership with our charity
partners across the city.
The Project Officer will work with the Project Coordinator to:
Workshops Activity (Carbon Literacy Workshop Programme):
- Develop a programme of Carbon Literacy Workshops that leads to positivity and action towards reducing carbon
- Deliver the devised Carbon Workshops Programme to participants, predominantly through digital
platforms initially but some site based working may also be required
The Project Officer will assist the Project Co-ordinator and the Project Assistant with the development and delivery
of the following project activities:
Re-use Activity (Clothes Swap & Repair Cafés):
- Help to advertise and showcase Re-Use activities and events and to increase the number of people
- Assist with volunteer coordination of the existing team of “Give Box” volunteers and help
to grow this team by recruiting and training new volunteers
Community Fridge Activity (Food Waste):
- Assist with the running of the Dundee West End Community Fridge through collecting food using our electric
vehicle from local food businesses, carrying out food safe / monitoring checks and distributing excess food to
our charity partners across Dundee.
Essential knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience and personal qualities
- Full Driving Licence required, any penalty points to be reviewed.
- Proficient in ICT including Microsoft
Office and Microsoft Windows
- Able to engage, motivate and inspire volunteers and participants to make
use of project resources and adopt behaviour changes that reduce their carbon footprints
- Understand the
principles for engaging local people and groups in community activities
- Able to promote the work of
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- A genuine interest
in carbon saving and environmental issues
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral
Desirable knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience and personal qualities
- Skills in repairing of household items/clothes/small electrical goods would be highly advantageous
understanding of the aims and goals of the Climate Challenge Fund
- An understanding of the structures and
ethos of Gate Church International
- An understanding of working in a charitable or faith based
- Skills in monitoring and evaluating project performance against standards and
- Experience of partnership working with local agencies and non-profit
- Experience of working with both administrative support and project
- Experience of running marketing campaigns and/or raising awareness of local
- Experience of monitoring financial expenditure within budgets
- Attend Climate Challenge Fund Carbon Literacy Training
- Develop and implement project activities to meet agreed outcomes of the project;
- Capture feedback from project participants to measure the effectiveness of project activities.
- Assist with both online and offline marketing activities to promote the project.
- Assist with implementation of project evaluation and monitoring plan
- Develop working relationships with project’s local partners to maximise reach of project activities.
- Maintain a professional working knowledge of project policies and practices including health and safety, food safety and data protection.
- Assisting with management of volunteers to support delivery of project objectives, ensuring each volunteer is valued, developed and equipped to carry out their role.
To apply please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 13th July
Interviews will be held on Friday 17th July via video conference