PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
· To work flexibly as part of the Assertive Outreach team to support and empower women who have experience of domestic abuse, who wish to remain in their own home or who we are unable to accommodate in refuge. In doing so, providing a quality service that meets legal requirements and DWA standards, policies and guidelines.
· To promote the work of DWA in the local and wider community and work in partnership with others to develop services and provide support within the community.
· To work with a wide range of women who may have complex needs.
· To participate as part of the team in the on-going development of services to abused women.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct Services to Women
· Work flexibly, undertaking assertive outreach to provide emotional, practical support and information to women experiencing domestic abuse, supporting them to secure safe accommodation and manage risks. This could be on a one-to one basis, and/or in group setting.
· Support and empower women who want to remain in their own home or who we are unable to accommodate as appropriate and as determined by a person centred assessments and support plan, with a particular focus on domestic abuse.
· Support women in managing their safety through development of safety plans and liaising with police and other relevant agencies.
· Admit women and children (if any) to refuge OR support them to access alternative accommodation as required.
· Ensure women accessing the services receive appropriate and accurate information including advice about their rights, in particular their various housing options.
· Liaise and advocate on behalf of service users with external agencies. This may involve accompanying women to appointments and referral to onto other appropriate agencies.
· Deliver and support the delivery of our group work programmes.
· Encourage good relationships between mother and child(ren) and be aware of child protection issues.
· Keep up to date with changes in legislation and working practices and ensure Health & Social Care Standards and SSSC requirements are met at all times.
· Attend multi agency meetings, as appropriate, for the purposes of protecting and advocating on behalf of service users.
Promoting the Work of DWA
· Help raise awareness of domestic abuse within the local and wider community.
· Help develop positive working relationships with key partner agencies and stakeholders in pursuance of DWA Women’s Services objectives.
· Support the promotion of DWA’s public and media profile.
· Attend appropriate meetings and events on behalf of DWA.
· Provide consultation and support to key agencies such as housing professionals, education, health, police and other voluntary and statutory agencies to increase their knowledge and skills regarding domestic abuse and improve responses to all women in the longer term.
· Assist the Senior Assertive Outreach DAP in delivering Violence Against Women training to other professionals.
· Work in partnership with Scottish Women’s Aid and the wider Women’s Aid to share and develop good practice.
· Work in accordance with: Dundee Women’s Aid standards, policies, procedures and guidelines; requirements of funders; Health & Social Care Standards, Child Protection and other relevant legislation.
· Encourage and support service users in participating in events and opportunities to help the shaping of our services, including through monitoring and evaluation and service user focus groups.
· Assist with the development, monitoring and evaluation of the services to women in the assertive outreach project
· Perform administrative tasks timeously to ensure a seamless service.
· Ensure quantitative and qualitative information on support and related issues is completed regularly.
· Work creatively and collaboratively and assist, as appropriate, other workers internally and externally to achieve the best outcomes for women.
· Regularly attend team/other relevant meetings and keep colleagues up-to-date on relevant work issues.
· Support the CEO and Directors in creating a positive, supportive and participatory working environment which fulfils the aims and objectives of DWA.
· Reflect on practice to ensure delivery of a professional service and positive learning experience.
· Support the CEO and Directors in creating a continuously improving organisation focussed on service users and service user involvement.
· Take a proactive role in promoting equality and anti-discriminatory practice throughout all aspects of the work.
· It is a requirement of the post holder to hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle with insurance cover for business use. Please note, applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be shortlisted.
This post requires a PVG scheme record check for both types of regulated work – work with children and work with protected adults.
This job description cannot cover every issue or task that may arise within the scope of the post. The post-holder will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with the duties as detailed above.
For full details and to apply, please visit our website dundeewomensaid.co.uk/vacancies.php
Closing date: 8:00am Monday 6th July 2020.