Are you a service co-ordinator looking for a new and exciting challenge? Would you like to support people with a visible difference across Scotland.
We are recruiting for a Skin Camouflage Co-ordinator that will take the lead in delivering the Skin Camouflage Service across Scotland working with colleagues across the organisation .
You will have experience of supporting volunteers accompanied with excellent organisational and communication skills. The service is in an exciting phase and about to embark on a transformational year and your experience of developing strong and productive relationships with partners including the NHS, local authorities and third sector organisations will be invaluable.
Key objectives of the role:
1. Day-to-day co-ordination of the Skin Camouflage Service (SCS) in Scotland, liaising closely with the Head of Skin Camouflage Service on service innovation and continual improvement.
2. Volunteer recruitment, training and co-ordination of Practitioners (SCPs),
3. Clinic administration of all SCS appointments in Scotland, from enquiry/referral, appointment to completion, ensuring that all quality and operational KPIs, data management and evaluation requirements are met.
4. To support the Head of Scotland in engaging and developing a range of stakeholders to ensure excellent referral relationships with healthcare professionals, third sector and local authorities.
We are looking for someone with:
· Demonstrable experience of engaging and developing relationships with healthcare professionals, local authorities and local providers.
· Previous volunteer management or co-ordination experience or equivalent.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills and a systematic approach to work with the ability to prioritise between competing demands.
· Strong commitment to Changing Faces values, vision and purpose and to keeping the voices of people with visible differences at the heart of all work.
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you.
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us and help improve the lives of people with visible differences. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from People of Colour/ BAME people. We are always open to conversations about flexible working.
About Changing Faces:
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different (a visible difference). Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, unwanted attention and even bullying and hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in education, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing. Adults often come to us, having never spoken to anyone about the psychological impact of their visible difference before.
Changing Faces provides unique practical, social and emotional support for people affected by visible difference; we challenge discrimination and campaign for a world that respects difference.
Our services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with life, education, work and relationships. We are going through an exciting period of change and development across the organisation.
Changing Faces wants a future where everyone with a visible difference on their face or body has the confidence, support and opportunity to lead the lives they want.
Please download the documents below for further information.
Closing date: 10am Monday 22nd March 2021
Interviews: w/c 29th March 2021
Application method: Please provide a full CV and a comprehensive supporting statement, with clear demonstration of how you meet each point of the person specification and job requirements.
Please do let us know where you saw the role advertised too.
Completed applications should be emailed to: Giulietta Driver, Executive Assistant – email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.