Your role as an ENABLE Works Employment Coordinator is to support people who have learning disabilities to make progress towards and achieve employment.
You will work closely with a group of people who have learning disabilities each year, profiling their skills and jointly planning activity that will enable them to achieve their work goals and become independent, active members of their community.
Working on our Stepping Up schools programme across East Ayrshire, you will be responsible for developing positive relationships with the programme participants, their circles of support, our local school partners and other professional support services.
You will work closely with local schools and strategic partners, including employers, funders and other stakeholders, developing professional relationships that will offer a diverse range of experiences and opportunities.
Working with individuals on a one to one basis, and also in groups, you will support them to explore opportunities that will allow them to become independent, active members of their community and have a successful transition out of school on to a positive destination.
You will be given a work plan to achieve in order that programme participants are receiving a quality service and we are achieving the expectations of funders and stakeholders.
Our team work to performance targets each year, to ensure that the programme participants are receiving a quality service and we are achieving targets set out by our funders.
You will be an important member of the wider ENABLE Works team, supporting departmental objectives through delivery of support but also through positive collaboration and innovation within your team to support our strategic, societal goals.
A full UK drivers licence and access to a car for work purposes is essential for this role
Main Duties and Accountabilities
Providing high quality support:
• Regular and accurate profiling of skills and recording of participant activity
• Active case management to ensure person-centred success
• Delivering support with fidelity to the individual project model
• Delivery of structured training to individuals and groups of participants
• Maintaining positive relationships with participants and their circles of support to ensure inclusive success
• Managing professional relationships with stakeholders and employers to create opportunities for participants
Delivering projects to plan:
• Keeping accurate and up-to-date records ready for audit
• Recording and gathering project information in line with project timescales and work plan
• Handling and storing project information in line with ENABLE Scotland’s data protection policy
• Reporting accurately on project activity when requested and in line with project timescales
Meeting performance expectations:
• Active case management to ensure participants are achieving success
• Meeting and exceeding individual project expectations
• Innovating and collaborating across your team to support wider ENABLE Works performance
Contribution to strategy:
• Sharing best practice and opportunities with ENABLE Works colleagues
• Positive and flexible response to changes in work plans
• Collaborative approach to team and departmental delivery
• Managing your time/caseload efficiently in order to respond to additional duties as required
• Supporting the training and marking of accredited staff training
• Representing ENABLE Works and ENABLE Scotland with an understanding of departmental and organisational strategies
Full clean driving license is essential
You will have working knowledge of the Ayrshire region and key employability stakeholders and sectors
For further information and to apply please visit our website
Closing date1; 18 February 2021