Do you want to be part of helping people in Scotland to live mentally healthier and happier lives?
The Mental Health Foundation is recruiting for a Communications and Marketing Officer to support our Scotland team to connect with people and partners across the country.
The Mental Health Foundation is an expanding organisation. Our vision is good mental health for all, and prevention is at the heart of what we do. We place particular focus upon those who have greatest need. We use our knowledge, informed by rigorous research, to inform and work with policymakers, practitioners, communities, companies, and the media. We have pioneered change for 70 years and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. Come join us!
This post is crucial to our plans for the next five years. Our profile as a charity in Scotland is growing. Every year we run Mental Health Awareness Week and host the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival – two major highlights in a busy calendar of activities.
The Communications and Marketing Officer role will join a growing Communications & Fundraising team in Scotland. You will support campaigns and activity that increase awareness and support for the Foundation among a variety of audiences in Scotland.
This is an essential, varied and engaging role; we are especially keen for the postholder to support digital comms in Scotland, including our social media channels, but you will also be key to planning and delivering wider campaigns and media activity. You will have the chance to be part of developing our Northern Ireland team in 2021.
We are looking for someone:
· Who brings some strong comms skills to the post and is interested in growing and developing more.
· Who thinks creatively and can play a key role in growing the reach and reputation of the Foundation in Scotland.
· Who will enthusiastically support a variety of communications activities in Scotland.
· Who can create timely and compelling content for diverse Scottish audiences.
· Who can work collaboratively with colleagues, stakeholders, external partners and supporters.
Starting salary £30,000 rising to £33,857 (pro-rata if part-time)
Why should you join the Mental Health Foundation?
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 27 after 5 years’ service
· 3 closure days between Christmas and New Year
· 3 wellbeing days per annum
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Generous non-contributory pension scheme, 8% at 3 months service, rising to 10% at 6 months service employer contribution
· Life Assurance Scheme at four times annual salary
· Flexible working
· Season Ticket Loan
· Cycle to work scheme
Please note that for safeguarding purposes, all our roles require a Disclosure Scotland PVG check. Also, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
To apply, please visit our website mentalhealth.org.uk/about-us/jobs
If you think your skills match and you’d like to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation, please complete and send your application form to email@example.com (along with a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form). Please note that all sections of the application form should be completed as CVs will not be accepted.
Applications will close at 5pm on 27 January 2021.
Interviews are planned for week commencing 15 February 2021.
Diversity is greatly valued at the Foundation. Applications from all sections of the community are actively encouraged. If you have a disability, require any additional support or have any questions regarding the role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are operating digital recruitment (including interviews via video conferencing) and on-boarding processes. We are blending office and homeworking until further notice.
We look forward to hearing from you!