We are recruiting for an experienced and enthusiastic Volunteer Coordinator to join our team at Space & Broomhouse Hub as part of our Space Age Connections project.
The main purpose of the role is to develop and deliver the Space Age Connections project. Bringing volunteers and service members together, encouraging companionship, interaction and networking to help older people with dementia engage in social, leisure and community activities.
Space Age Connections will deliver a quality, personalised, beneficiary‐led service to older people in Edinburgh with dementia so that more over 60’s living at home and have better social connections and relationships.
Summary of Post
• Recruit, induct and train volunteers ‘Connectors’ ensuring they are members of the PVG Scheme. Line manage and co‐ordinate Connectors ensuring regular support, supervision and appraisals are provided in line with volunteer policies and procedures.
• Manage referrals and undertake assessments
• Develop and organise a program of group activities in partnership with the Service Manager, volunteers and service members.
• Identify opportunities for referrals to the service and target potential new clients/client groups, such as older people, people with other health conditions, people who are isolated in their communities, and their carers.
• Work as part of the wider team to ensure services are delivered effectively; and to work in partnership with relevant professionals and other stakeholders to ensure the service remit is carried out with regard to statutory commitments and best practice
This post requires membership of the PVG Scheme.
A full job description and person specification is available for download below.
An application pack is available for download below, or if you would like to find out more information please contact: email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 17th December 2020