So why are we looking for a new Service Manager
We have a long history of working with children and families and partners in East Lothian. Children 1st along with our partner East Lothian Council share a determination to act upon the recommendations from The Independent Care Review and deliver The Promise to children and young people. We are also determined that the full incorporation of the UNCRC means that children will have their rights respected in all areas of their lives and will have a real say in the way they are supported.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Service Manager who can help meet the holistic needs of children, young people and their families who require support. Our Service supports families in a variety of ways to help ensure that their children can thrive. Our families require a service that is flexible and responsive to their needs and that can help them with challenges they face such as trauma, poverty and unstable family life.
Our Support is varied and includes Early Intervention Family Support, Money Advice for families, School Based Support, Community Development, Kinship Care, Intensive Support for children and young people whose families can struggle to provide the care needed and Family Group Decision Making.
It is a very exciting time for our Service as it continues to grow and develop. Our Children 1st service is looking to develop a more local community approach providing support to children and their families at the point when they need this to prevent more intensive supports being necessary.
What kind of person will make a great Service Manager for Children 1st?
· has experience of keeping children safe in their own families
· thinks it’s a privilege to work with and on behalf of children and families
· shares Children 1st belief in the rights of children, young people and families to be heard and have their views taken seriously. Someone who can ensure that the child and family have their voices heard and considered in decision making.
· can work autonomously and develop good, strong working relationships with colleagues from a wide range of partner agencies and confidently develop our work with families and East Lothian Council.
· can help assess the child’s immediate safety and care needs and ensure children, young people and families receive timely, appropriate support.
· can lead the Team in delivering high quality support to Children and families.
· champions participation to ensure that the experience of children and families contribute to our Service learning and evaluation.
· shares the Children 1st vision for holistic, whole family support that work in partnership with children and families.
What kind of leader will you be?
Knowing our ambition for children, you will be someone who is:
· resilient, skilled and knowledgeable who wants to transform systems as well as children’s lives
· big hearted and a courageous
· able to build great partnerships and to manage the tricky conversations
· able to understand, predict and adapt to the landscape
· bringing considerable operational service experience
· a cool head and clear minded at times of pressure
· strategic in decisions and planning and can manage complexity
· inspiring colleagues and teams to be even better
· an amazing ambassador for children and Children 1st
Above all else, the most important thing to us is that you are someone who will do the right thing for children and their families at every turn.
You will be based in one of the local community hubs in East Lothian in Musselburgh and Macmerry and will travel to connect with other parts of the organisation once Scottish Guidelines permit this and it is safe for you and colleagues.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days inclusive of 9 public holidays), flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
This is a permanent, full time post of 35 hours per week, with flexibility for travel.
Closing date: Monday 07 December 2020. It is anticipated that Interviews will take place on Tuesday 15 December 2020.
For further information and to apply, please visit children1st.org.uk/who-we-are/about-children-1st/jobs/service-manager-east-lothian
Children1st has a long tradition of valuing and involving sessional and volunteer workers. To find out more about volunteering with us, please visit our website.
The selection process will include seeking PVG Scheme/Disclosure information.
Children 1st is the working name of the Royal Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children. Registered Charity No: SC 016092