We are looking for a Qualifications Manager to be part of our Global Learning Lab, which catalyses innovative, high quality, accredited learning and development programmes through our global community of facilitators, staff and partners. This role is crucial to the Learning Lab, ensuring we retain our status as a City & Guilds ILM centre and continue to expand the Academy’s offering of credit rated programmes.
The Qualifications Manager will ensure Academy learners have access to and are supported to gain practice based formal qualifications as recognition for their learning. To achieve this, this role will support and guide the Academy in maintaining and developing the required stakeholder relationships and internal structures, processes and procedures to ensure our qualifications comply with Awarding Body requirements for local, national and international delivery. It will also involve supporting learners directly with the completion of their qualification.
There is additional scope for this role to include developing new credit-rated programmes for the Academy, and/or provide guidance and support to other organisations in the sector to accredit their own programmes, if desirable.
Having the right mind-set, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet, so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
• Lead on managing and developing the required external stakeholder relationships and internal systems, processes and documentation to meet the requirements of developing and delivering City & Guilds ILM and SCQF levelled qualifications (or equivalent) for Academy programmes
• As the named internal verifier, you will liaise with programme designers, facilitators, learning coordinators, markers and learners to:
- regularly sample and carry out moderation of grading decisions
- answer queries relating to the assessment process
- maintain up-to-date records of internal quality assurance and sampling activity, ensuring that these are available for external quality assurance activities
- establish procedures to ensure that there is standardisation between assessors
- facilitate appropriate staff development and training for assessors
- provide feedback to the allocated assessors and EQA(s) on the effectiveness of assessment
- ensure any actions required by the Awarding Bodies are carried out within the agreed timescales
• Lead on the identification of appropriate international accreditation processes and procedures to support international accreditation and qualifications (in consultation with our Head of International)
• Induct and coach Hub staff teams, particularly learning administrators and associate learning facilitators, and ILM or SCQF Markers on the ILM and SCQF (and/or equivalent) processes and procedures to ensure they are well implemented and administered in all Hubs
• Attend Academy programmes (as required) to brief learners on the requirements of City & Guilds ILM or SCQF credit rating
• Manage relationships with International Hub teams as part of the Global Learning Lab, to support the Academy’s accreditation and qualification strategy
• Provide creative and strategic input in to the development and implementation of our accreditation and qualifications
For a full set of criteria please download the recruitment pack from our website.
We are a social change organisation: we exist to support people who are stepping forward to affect positive social change, wherever they may be. We exist to support the many, not the few.
In many social change contexts, people assume that if one is provided with business advice and investment, social entrepreneurship will emerge. We believe that there is a third element – equally important - the provision of transformational learning and development. Our learning programmes focus on the development of practice: the practice of leadership and the practice of entrepreneurship. We support people to turn up as their best selves.
With a 16 year track record of successful delivery in Scotland, the Social Enterprise Academy has been sharing its business and learning delivery models for the past 7 years with international partners through a social licence approach.
1. Complete the application form
2. Send your application form and Equality and Diversity monitoring form to email@example.com by 1pm Wednesday, 02 December 2020
3. Please note that interviews will be held on 10 and 11 December 2020 via Zoom
More information available at: socialenterprise.academy/scot/join-the-team
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments for the application or interview process please get in touch: