Ability to communicate using BSL is a preferred skill.
ENABLE Works are the leading Scottish organisation delivering high quality employability services for people who have learning disabilities.
Working on the All in Edinburgh contract, your job will support people who have disabilities and long term health conditions to make progress towards and achieve employment.
You will work closely with a group of people who have disabilities, inclusive of people with sensory support needs and long term health conditions, profiling their skills and jointly planning activity that will enable them to achieve their work goals and become independent, active members of their community.
You will have significant working knowledge of the city of Edinburgh region and key employability stakeholders and sectors.
You will be responsible for developing positive relationships with the programme participants, their circles of support and professional support services.
You will work closely with local partners, including employers and other stakeholders, developing professional relationships that will offer a diverse range of experiences and opportunities.
You will be given a work plan to achieve in order that programme participants are receiving a quality service and we are achieving the expectations of funders and stakeholders, and you will be required to meet challenging but achievable programme KPIs.
You will be an important member of the wider ENABLE Works team, supporting departmental objectives through delivery of support but also through positive collaboration and innovation within your team to support our strategic, societal goals.
A full UK drivers licence and is preferred but not essential for this role
• PDA in Supported Employment - desirable
• BSL qualified or working towards - desirable
Knowledge and Understanding
• A commitment to support people with disabilities to get the jobs they want
• Understanding of employability services and methodologies
• Knowledge of the local area and it’s community assets
• Knowledge of skills and employment services for disabled people
• Knowledge of Supported Employment Programmes
• Ability to profile skills and aspirations of people with learning disabilities
• Ability to innovate and plan so people with learning disabilities can achieve goals
• Ability to partner and negotiate with stakeholders
• Professional presentation and personality
• Self-management skills and the ability to meet duties effectively
• IT literacy
• Proactive and collaborative approach to team work
• Commitment to personal and professional development
• Experience of achieving success through innovation
• Experience of working in a performance-focussed team
• Experience of delivering learning
• Experience of meeting/exceeding demanding compliance
• Experience of working with people with sensory support needs (BSL)
• Experience of working with people who have multiple and/or complex barriers
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities.
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
For further information and to apply please visit our website
Closing date 11 November 2020