Delivering the first Volunteer Strategy for South Ayrshire through strong leadership, focusing on building
relationships through consensus and collaboration
Main purpose job:
Lead on the creation and implementation of an effective Volunteer Strategy for South Ayrshire by supporting the
implementation of the Scottish Government’s Volunteering Framework, working closely with partners and
stakeholders, and contributing to the organisation’s wider Business Plan.
- As the Strategic Lead partner VASA work closely with South Ayrshire Council, the Health & Social Care Partnership, Third Sector representatives, community groups and all relevant stakeholders to ensure that the first Volunteer Strategy for South Ayrshire is delivered within the agreed timeframe
- To unify and create a suitable approach to the way in which organisations manage and support the entire volunteering community across South Ayrshire, acknowledging the different needs and requirements of the organisations
- To implement processes that will give South Ayrshire’s volunteers and organisations a ‘voice’ e.g. setting up a Volunteer Management forum consisting of volunteer managers from all areas across South Ayrshire to improve volunteer engagement and consultation on a range of matters likely to impact volunteering such as the Volunteer Strategy and Scottish Government Volunteering Framework.
- To implement systems that will enable us to better understand the wide range of skills and experience that volunteers possess, help them reach their full potential, thus giving our volunteers even greater motivation and satisfaction from their contribution to the community.
- To build upon the diversity of the South Ayrshire volunteer activity and to identify ways in which we can increase the opportunities for volunteers from across our under-represented groups, i.e. linked to age and ethnicity.
- To review and update VASA’s Volunteers’ Handbook and the Volunteer’s Policy, ensuring that these documents meet the needs of the organisation and operate consistently across all departments and services.
- To review all available training provision for volunteer involving groups including induction and annual updates, identifying any gaps in provision, and clarifying mandatory and optional training opportunities
Closing date: 11th November
Interview Date: 17th November
To find out more and to apply, please download the documents below.
Please submit applications to email@example.com