We are looking for a Care Service Manager to work in our existing service in Edinburgh. You must have a proven track record of supporting adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities, to manage our service where we support 2 adults.
• Relevant health or social care qualification SVQ Level 4 in Care/Management or be willing to work towards achieving these qualifications. Share will fund the SVQ as you work towards this.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and IT skills including the ability to listen attentively to others.
• Ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, and involved professionals/agencies to provide a service which maximises outcomes for service users.
• Experience of supervising and supporting staff and deploying staff resources efficiently to meet the needs of the service.
• Knowledge and skills to ensure the safe management and administration of medication
• Ability to assess risk with service users/staff and devise support and risk management plans.
• Relevant management experience at Service Manager level or, someone with drive and ambition who might be in a depute position seeking to advance their prospects.
Company Overview -
Share Scotland is the Care Sector’s best kept secret. This is your opportunity to join an innovative, family-led organisation. Working as part of a dynamic and supportive team, you will be an enthusiastic person who can bring their own unique skills, interests and ideas to the role of Service Manager.
For almost 30 years, Share Scotland has worked with adults with complex disabilities to provide individually tailored care, supporting our service users to actively pursue their chosen lifestyle within their own home and local community.
Employee Benefits -
• Access to fully funded SVQ training after initial assessment period
• Generous 32 days annual leave, rising incrementally after 5 years to a limit of 42 days
• 4% employer contributory pension (above minimum legally required)
• Parent led organisation
• Supportive and Friendly Teams
• Investors in people (Silver) employer
• Regularly awarded 6 stars from the Care Inspectorate
• Death in service insurance (2 x annual salary)
• Critical illness insurance (lump sum payment if diagnosed with certain critical illnesses)
For further information and to apply go to: sharescotland.org.uk/join-us/servicemanager-edinburgh
The successful candidate will be subject to a PVG check and registration with SSSC must be made within 6 months of employment commencing.
Share is actively working to promote equal opportunities for all
Share Scotland is a Recognised Charity SC 008220
Application deadline: 30/10/2020