We are looking to recruit energetic Young People’s Workers who are reliable and committed to ensuring young people with complex needs and their families get the break they need. Our staff need to be compassionate about supporting young people to experience new things and creative around problem solving and prioritising.
Whilst not without its challenges and demands, this is a highly rewarding role, where we aim to provide the highest level of physical, personal, and emotional care to support children in their daily living and within the local community.
Every day the joys and challenges are different and a balancing act between working directly with the young people and updating paperwork to ensure their safety, good practice and recording
“I was employed to work with Aberlour’s play scheme 16 years ago and had such a wonderful summer that I remained on the relief pool and then gained a contract shortly after. I cannot put into words how rewarding this job is. Watching the young people grow, change and experience new things is great”
We have various positions available:
- 16 hours per week for 42 weeks of the year and 35 hours per week for 10 weeks of the year. These posts are offered on a fixed term basis for 1 year. You will be required to work these hours as part of a residential shift rota which can include evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays. (2 Posts)
- 12 hours per week- These hours will be worked Sunday – Wednesday in the evenings. It is expected that these shifts will be either 5pm – 10pm or 4pm – 10pm. These posts are offered on a fixed term basis for a period of 3 months. (2 Posts).
- Relief Young People’s Worker- This work is offered on a casual, hourly paid basis to provide cover during staff absence and/or particularly busy periods. Availability should be specified on your application form. These are paid at £11.16 per hour.
There will be a requirement to do sleepover shifts with both these contracts. These will be paid at £40 per sleepover.
Ideally candidates will have social care experience, understanding of autism, complex needs and mental health and have the relevant qualifications or willing to work towards these.
We have a strong reputation in supporting young people up to 18 with high levels of complex needs to have fun, experience new opportunities and socialise with other young people. This break away from family life allows parents and carers to spend time with siblings, time for themselves or a much-needed rest from their 24-hour caring role. Therefor a commitment to providing this is essential.
Why should I apply for this post?
As an Aberlour employee, you will receive:
• competitive hourly rates with an additional 9% for working unsociable hours,
• excellent annual leave entitlement
• access to our group pension scheme
• access to the Aberlour Rewards retail discount scheme
Aberlour is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our service users and uses a thorough and rigorous recruitment and selection process including PVG Scheme checks to ensure this commitment is not compromised.
Applications to be returned by: noon on 28th October 2020
A Scottish Guarantee Co No: SC312912 Scottish Charity No. SC007991