RSABI provides financial, practical and emotional support to people involved in Scottish agriculture. The support is
delivered via our helpline or face to face with a team of case officers.
Purpose of Role
RSABI is looking for a new Welfare Manager to join their team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that
the skills, contacts and network within the scope of the Charity continue to develop and expand in line with
client needs. Also promoting the highest levels of governance and integrity, as well as continuing the excellent
levels of service and support, that RSABI has become known for. This individual will be responsible for:
- To effectively manage welfare, administration and helpline staff
- To raise the profile of RSABI within
the agricultural community
- To ensure that clients of the charity meet the organisations criteria for
- Effectively manage the welfare budget
The key responsibilities of the role, include but are not restricted to:
- Ensure that the financial support provided to clients meets the Charity’s
- Ensure that all processes relating to the allocation of funds are correctly adhered
- Review client interaction with RSABI to ensure that clients are receiving appropriate and best
- Pro-actively manage a team of Case Officers, Administration staff and Helpline staff
- Provide support,
assistance and knowledge to the team as and when appropriate providing learning opportunities as
- Review client support and feedback as required
- Conduct regular meetings with staff and
support them in developing skills and training for their role
- Manage holidays, sickness, grievance and
disciplinary issues that arise
- Recruit and induct new members of the welfare team and assist the
Volunteer Manager with recruitment and interview of volunteers
- Check staff workload and effectiveness,
and manage caseload as required
- Ensure that all administration systems are effective, fit for purpose and up to date
- Ensure staff record
clients contacts timeously and accurately
- Keep relevant welfare and industry knowledge up to
- Manager welfare budget along with the Company secretary
- Regularly check database and
- Produce monthly management information that both informs and advises the CEO and Trustees in regards to the
activities of the welfare teams
- Attend Trustee meetings
- Forge and maintain relevant partnerships with appropriate statutory and non-statutory
- Attend meetings with various stakeholders
- Manage caseload as required
- Regularly check database and reports
- Check staff workload and
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and should have the following skill base:
- Demonstrable knowledge of managing a welfare function.
- In depth knowledge of the varying types of support agencies and organisations operating in both the public and private sector.
- To lead and manage a remote team of highly skilled Case Officers.
- Strategic organisation skills to manage the Charity’s workflow, ensuring that additional capacity for new clients always exists
- Demonstrates a good understanding of governance and ethical issues to underpin the welfare function.
- Ability to review and update processes/implement changes that reflect the growing needs of the Charity and its clients.
- Ability to demonstrate strong influencing skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of operational budgets and the management of funds.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication, including professional report writing skills and analysis.
- Good understanding of IT with knowledge of Microsoft packages; as well as knowledge of social media platforms.
- Public speaking and presentation skills to a range of different audiences, including digital presentations.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Closing date: 30th October
Applications by CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org