ADAPT for CashBack project (This project is funded by CashBack for Communities*)
We have a vacancy for a Youth & Family Support Worker to work with colleagues to deliver an early intervention service to young people within the West Dunbartonshire area who are aged between 10 – 15 and are on the periphery of offending.
Do you believe in young people – that they are never beyond help and that with support they can achieve better things and reach their full potential?
Are you able to build professional relationships that matter – built on trust and mutual respect?
Are you committed and able to support young people by not giving up and continuing to support them when it matters most?
Do you believe that for lasting change to be achieved that it needs to be made across all generations?
The successful candidate will be required to:-
• Build effective relationships with young people and their families and engage them in 1 to 1 support within their local community
• Identify and record individual support needs and work collaboratively with young people and their families to develop and deliver a sustainable individual support plan based upon presenting and underlying behaviours
• Use appropriate tools in order to help young people and families understand the impact of their behaviour within the wider community
• Work in partnership with existing community resources, organisations and supports to sustain positive change with families
• Develop and deliver groupwork activities
As this is a community based role, it is essential that you are a car driver and have access to a car. Successful candidates will require PVG membership.
*CashBack for Communities is a unique Scottish Government programme which takes money seized from criminals under the proceeds of crime legislation and invests them in our future – our young people.