Garvald West Linton is the provider of Residential and Day Care services for adults with learning difficulties,
situated 20 miles south of Edinburgh in beautiful countryside surroundings. Currently we have a new vacancy for
a Deputy CEO post to start with us as soon as possible.
Main Purpose of Role
To work closely with the CEO to lead Garvald West Linton and ensure the organisation is developed and managed in
accordance with its mission, values and strategic objectives.
Primarily to take responsibility for the delivery and management of Garvald West Linton’s residential service
ensuring it functions at the highest standard in line with current regulations and delivering the expected level
of service to all residents, which is responsive to their changing needs. Currently we are in the process of
looking to develop further options within our residential services to meet higher levels of support needs for
individuals accessing our service. There is the requirement to be registered with the Care Inspectorate as the
Registered Manager of the service.
To work closely with the Day Care Manager, HR Manager and Finance Manager along with House Managers. Also with the
Board, Trustees and external Stakeholders. Overall to develop an understanding at an operational level of
Garvald to work closely with the CEO to ensure financial viability of the organisation of the organisation and
new programmes with a view of securing long-term sustainability.
- to provide leadership and support for the House Managers ensuring that GWL meets relevant service standards in
the delivery of care to residents.
- to have an overview of GWL’s residential provision and ensuring that
it meets the needs of the residents and maintains a social therapeutic setting.
- to interface and work
constructively with the Care Inspectorate and other external bodies ensuring that GWL’s relationships continue
to benefit the organisation, the residents and the wider community
- to understand and work within the
principles of social therapy and to support the cultural life of GWL in the celebration of cultural
Educated to degree level or equivalent together with a demonstrable commitment to anthroposophical principles and the
principles of Rudolph Steiner. Relevant management qualification (for example MBA or a minimum of Level 5 SVQ
Diploma in Management and Leadership or equivalent). Ideally, qualifications that meet the SSSC requirements for
Knowledge and Experience
- Substantial experience of effective senior leadership position within a relevant social care organisation,
preferably within a like- minded organisation.
- Experience of income generation and working successfully
with funding bodies.
- Experience of working with and influencing key decision makers.
of the governance processes for third sector care organisations.
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker, planning and implementation skills
- Great relationship management skills with the
ability to create and maintain positive relationships with staff and a wide range of
- Effective team building and organisational development skills.
- Delegation skills –
being able to use people and other resources available through effective allocation of decision-making authority
- Good working knowledge of social care sector.
- Excellent communication
(verbal and written) skills including report writing and presentations delivered both internally and
- Salary £38,000 – £40,000 per annum based on 40 hours per week
- Holiday entitlement will be 6 working weeks in first year of employment, rising to 7 working weeks in second and subsequent years.
- A non-contributory Group Life Assurance Scheme is offered to all staff on commencement of employment. The level of cover is four times annual salary.
- Automatic enrolment in the Pension scheme for qualifying staff in which both parties will contribute.
- We offer a comprehensive Employee Wellbeing Programme (EWP) by Health Assured. The EWP is an integrated online and offline personal support programme that gives all our contracted employees access to a range of specialist support and information.
For more information visit garvaldwestlinton.org.uk
Full Job Description can be provided upon request via email@example.com