We are seeking an outstanding leader to be the first Chief Executive for a unique and exciting role, working with our
Trustees in helping to establish and build this brand new charity from the ground up.
This charity is principally a partner organisation and there will be an emphasis on fundraising which will be driven
by the charity’s profile.
We already have the profile and funding in place to make an impact on the youth sector in Scotland and now we need a
strong and well connected leader who can build partnerships, grow budgets effectively and maximise the potential
impact that this charity has to offer the youth sector of Scotland.
Based from home (with travel to Glasgow and Liverpool) the perfect candidate will be extremely ambitious with a great
vision, well connected across the third sector in Scotland.
This is largely a blank canvas to shape the future direction of the charity, we seek a creative and entrepreneurial
- Acting as a strong figurehead for the charity, a positive ambassador with our stakeholders, partners, funders
- Building relationships with both operational partners, supporters and a range of
- Design and deliver the strategic plan and associated objectives
- Designing and
implementing projects inline with the Charity’s Mission and Vision.
- Taking full responsibility for the
finances, fundraising and budgets
- Taking advantage of a high level platform including PR and media
- Representing the charity on a very public platform as well as design and deliver a range of
high profile events
- We encourage applications of persons who have previous experience in a similar role
- Whilst a degree is desirable, we would at least expect to see evidence of continued
- We seek proven leadership skills and ability to develop the organisation
quickly and sustainably.
- We seek a very adaptable range of skills and a strong drive and enthusiasm to
ensure we play a key role in improving the lives of young people in Scotland.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and direction toward the organisation’s vision and strategy.
- Design, implement and
embed the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Establish performance goals and ensure resources are
correctly allocated to deliver the objectives including any contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the
organisation’s policies and procedures are effective, up to date inline with legal requirements and are
consistently and transparently practiced, not limited to; Human Resources, safeguarding, finance, health and
safety, expenses, information, communication and technology, GDPR.
- Ensure effective governance is
adhered to, with support from the Board.
- Direct, plan and participate in building the organisation’s
profile, image and credibility through delivering real results, positive media relationships and high profile
fundraising events so that the charity becomes a household name.
- Create and lead an inspirational,
creative and aspirational culture for employees and volunteers.
- Ensure effective recruitment, training
and management of staff and volunteers inline with employment law. Promote a positive and supportive working
culture to help attract, retain and motivate good quality staff and volunteers including regular appraisals,
supervision, support and rewards.
Strategy Planning and Development
- Develop the Charity’s Strategic Plan and Business Plan with the Board of Trustees.
- Take overall
responsibility for delivering, monitoring and performance reporting against targets and set objectives across
all areas of the Charity’s operations.
- Keep abreast of local or national legislative changes, government
initiatives and funding streams which could affect the Charity and the services and projects it
- Be responsible for regular Risk Assessments and develop a Risk Management Strategy (for
eventualities such as Covid19) and Crisis Strategy for the charity, as well as local projects.
- Build and develop the Charity’s reputation, credibility and profile through effective PR, marketing and
communications. Build strong and positive relationships with local and national media to capitalise on the
potential profile the Charity will have.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Charity’s
founders who will continue to have an active presence and involvement with the Charity as it’s
- Ensure the charity’s objectives, achievements and positive impacts are consistently
presented in a strong image to all stakeholders.
- Actively build positive relationships with Patrons and
Ambassadors, understand their role and what they can bring to the organisation.
- Create a wide and strong
network, ensuring that the organisation becomes an integral part of the sector.
- Be accountable to the Board of Trustees for the financial position and health of the organisation. Responsible
for budgets, expenditure, management accounts and fundraising targets are reached.
- Ensure full and
accurate financial planning and reporting including the preparation of management accounts, an annual report,
financial statements and social impact reports, oversee annual returns.
- Develop and implement effective
sustainability plan to identify and diversify income streams and maximise new opportunities.
The description is the typical level of duties the post holder will be expected to perform. Other duties of a similar
type and level may also be required.
The Person Specification is available for download bel
Closing Date: 5pm July 24th 2020
In order to apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a CV supported
- a covering letter
- a supporting statement of no more than 1000 words outlining
your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of
the role, as set out in the brief. Please use examples in previous roles.
Questions or information – email@example.com