We are recruiting a new Non-Executive Director to join our Board and chair our Finance and Audit Committee: We need you to support and challenge our future investment in colleagues and society through 2023 and beyond.
With an ambition and a passion to help many more vulnerable people and their families in the future, the newly strengthened Wise Group Board is focusing on delivering a significant growth strategy on a UK level which will be enabled by further strengthening the Board.
We have a saying in the Wise Group that being distinctive isn’t easy but it’s worth it. Transforming lives by lifting people out of poverty isn’t something that happens overnight or by accident.
Our values embody who we are and what we do. They are our statement of intent about how we want to turn up every day and we use these to keep us steering in the right direction.
This common purpose and set of beliefs across the enterprise is the foundation of the relational approach we each take every day and it’s what the Wise Group is built upon. It enables us to inspire the positive change we deliver for customers, colleagues, and stakeholders. With the current cost-of-living crisis, our purpose, and the way we achieve this, is more relevant, and more needed, than ever.
What we are looking for
This new appointment will play a key role in fuelling the next period of our journey. We are looking for individuals to provide management oversight; offer professional insight and contacts and act as a representative voice for the enterprise’s diverse interest groups.
With a comprehensive, “under the skin” understanding of our purpose and values you will help build our positive reputation, credibility, and capacity for new sources of funding and re-investment. Furthermore, you will constructively challenge current programmes and procedures, as well as coach, mentor and support the Executive Team to reinvigorate operational effectiveness whilst anticipating and advising the need for directional changes in Investment, Policy and Governance.
The ideal candidate is likely to be (but not exclusively) an exceptional, proven and highly respected Board level leader with a demonstrable track record in Finance, of orchestrating transitional growth in private or public sector organisations where robust governance, professionalism and innovative growth strategies have been critical to success.
You will have strong financial experience with an awareness of the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP 102) together with commercial experience and good operational awareness.
You are likely to be financially independent and at a stage in your career where a voluntary role in a unique leadership position requiring a deep-rooted personal interest in and desire to help improve the lives of the most vulnerable, holds great appeal. Alternatively, you may see this role as a valuable addition to your main career.
Regarded as a visionary with an intuitive mind and the courage to constructively disrupt and transform organisations, you are a person of integrity, humility and generous with your time for others.
Our values are:
• We hurdle boundaries and innovate
• We celebrate and respect individual difference
• We are ambitious to make a real difference every day socially, financially and culturally
• We go the distance, so our colleagues and customers reach a positive and sustainable future
• We thrive through collaboration, kindness and learning together
How we do things is at the heart of what we do and how we go about doing it. Success is knowing our values and behaviours and using them to manage our decisions and actions. The behaviours most important to this role are:
• Customer Impact: Reflects the pursuit of driving enterprise decisions from our customers’ perspective
• Commercial Awareness: Reflects the ability to use commercial, financial, and understanding to improve the impact of the enterprise
• Conceptual Thinking: Reflects the speed of understanding, mental dynamism, and the ability to grasp and create concepts/models
• Collaboration: Reflects the ability to pull colleagues, customers, and stakeholders together habitually to maximise the impact of the enterprise
• Equity and Diversity: Reflects the ability to support a diverse and inclusive workplace to achieve a competitive advantage
• Integrity: Reflects the ability to work ethically and to share the enterprise value of honesty
Application deadline is 25 September (we will contact you asap to let you know if you have been selected for interview). Short interviews will take place on 10 October 2022.
Thank you so much for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.