Cash for Kids is the umbrella brand for 22 local children’s charities in the UK. Owned by Bauer Media, we are aligned
to the Bauer Radio local radio stations. Radio Forth’s Cash for Kids is a grant-giving charity helping the
children that need it most across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and Falkirk.
Our mission is to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in our communities who are affected by
poverty, illness, neglect or have additional needs. We believe that all children should be able to express their
individuality, achieve their potential and live life to the full. We work with grassroots organisations that aim
to make a difference to young lives, directly supporting families who often have nowhere else to go.
Reporting to the Charity Manager you will be working in the lively and stimulating atmosphere of a busy radio
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who can communicate with people at all levels and has proven experience
in digital fundraising. You should have excellent sales, marketing and presentation skills. The ideal candidate
will have experience in building corporate and community relationships and be able to demonstrate how their
skills will be beneficial to the charity. You must be passionate about making a difference for local kids who
need our help. You will be required to establish relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and
Networking will be a major part of this role in order to recruit companies to adopt Cash for Kids.
- Be responsible for your own set of KPI’s and delivering challenging financial targets.
- Assist the
Charity Manager to reach agreed business plan targets.
- Develop sustainable partnerships with local
businesses, large corporates and high net worth individuals. Identify and develop new fundraising opportunities
and areas of potential support.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of campaigns and
- Deliver on and off air Cash for Kids activities and events.
- Attend events and support
with event coordination.
- Assist with grant applications
- Ensure all funds and expenditure are
properly accounted for and accurately recorded.
- Be the lead on digital fundraising and marketing while
keeping updated with new practices and trends.
- Provide client management and project co-ordination with
The Ideal Candidate
- Organised, accurate and thorough with excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
track record in a sales/corporate environment and ability to collaborate with key stakeholders.
agreed fundraising targets whilst prioritising work effectively with maximum impact on cash growth.
a solid knowledge of all modern social media networking tools and able to use them effectively, together with
experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook & presentation systems.
- develop good working
relationships with the charity team, wider radio station teams and national charity team.
administration, presentation and sales skills are essential.
- Have a passion and vision to develop this
- Marketing/sales/skills/fundraising and or event management.
- Demonstrate a proven track
record and experience of building, developing and managing key relationships.
- A proven experience of
working with media to promote the appeal and its fundraising initiatives.
- Good network of
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible
holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide
range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development ((4) Bauer Media Group - Academy: Posts
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme,
tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our
Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Flexible Working
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five
days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this
role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working
approach for you.
To find out more and apply please visit our website
Closing Date: 3rd October 2022