Around since 1923, SAMH is Scotland’s national mental health charity.
SAMH has represented the voice of people most affected by mental health problems in Scotland for almost 100 years
Today, in over 60 communities we work with adults and young people providing mental health social care support, services in primary care, schools and further education, among others.
These services together with our national programme work in See Me, respectme, suicide prevention and active living; inform our policy and campaign work to influence positive social change.
SAMH is dedicated to mental health and wellbeing for all: with a vision of a society where people are able to live their lives fully, regardless of present or past circumstances.
For Scotland’s Mental Health
About the Role
Working closely local Community Mental Health services and other referring partners in Edinburgh South, you will support a range of individuals with mental health problems, to find and sustain employment. Collaboration with stakeholders and employers to support clients to find and sustain employment in their desired sector will be an integral part of the role.
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of best practice in mental health provision and/or in the provision of employability and employment services. A working knowledge of IPS would be an advantage, but full IPS training will be provided.
We are looking for initiative, creativity, energy and determination and the ability to motivate, develop and inspire individuals to develop their self-confidence and realise their aspirations. You will be a self-starter, thrive in a multi-agency setting and have an appetite to promote this innovative approach.
As this post will involve travel across the delivery area a full driving licence and access to your own transport is preferred.
What we are looking for:
• A passion to support the aspirations of people affected by mental health problems
• Ability to network with professionals within support organisations, employers and other stakeholders
• An understanding of the local labour market would be advantageous
• Confident working to targets while maintaining a compliant and quality focused service
• Able to work independently and as part of the wider team
• Good attention to detail
What we will provide for you
You will work in a supportive environment and will be provided with a full induction and training opportunities. You will be given the chance to develop your knowledge and skills, as well as develop professionally. Some of our benefits include;
• Supportive and enthusiastic team culture
• Funded continuous learning and development opportunities, access to over 100 courses online in addition to classroom and virtual training sessions
• 30 days annual leave rising to 33 after 5 years’ service
• 4 public holidays
• 2 paid wellbeing days off per year to use on what matters to you.
• Team wellbeing budgets
• Workplace pension scheme
• Life Assurance policy
• Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date for applications will be Noon Wednesday 17th August 2022
Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you
If you’d like an informal chat about this role and working for SAMH, please contact: John Lunn, Employment Solutions Manager on 07713 391 201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply and for further information please visit;
PVG Scheme Membership, a Right to Work in the UK check and proof of any qualifications declared on the application form are required.
Applications are welcome from people who have experienced mental health difficulties