Home-Start is the leading family support charity striving to give young children the best possible start in life. We work with families to help them overcome issues such as isolation, mental health difficulties, bereavement, family breakdown, addiction, physical ill-health and many others.
We were the first Home-Start in Scotland and have been supporting local families in Perth & Kinross for over 35 years.
Home-Start Perth and Kinross is looking to recruit 2 part-time Coordinators (21 and 14 hours a week) to work alongside our existing experienced Family Support Coordinators and team. You will provide support to a fantastic group of volunteers who give support to families with at least one child under the age of 5.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An understanding of the needs of children and families
• Skills and experience to work closely with families to offer effective support
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
• The ability to work in a team and build rapport with a wide range of people.
• The ability be able to recruit and train volunteers and provide effective support and supervision for them.
• The ability to work on their own initiative in a challenging environment
• Experience of delivering group support
• Experience and knowledge of the voluntary sector would be an advantage
• This post will have an element of home and office working
• Initial post is 12 months fixed term with potential extension if ongoing funding secured
Valid driving licence required, and use of car is essential
The starting salary will be £25,201pro rata £15,120 (21-hour post) £10,080 (14- hour post)
For further details or to request an application pack, please email Chirsty at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 22nd August 2022 at 12 noon