Our Oxgangs Project offers temporary supported accommodation for 17 males from the ages of sixteen upwards.
The role of the Support Worker will include:
- Supporting individuals to move on from the service and resettle them in the community in a permanent housing
option suited to their needs
- Covering gaps in an established 4 day week rota with no night
- Working a variety of shifts including; early shifts, backshifts, and weekend working.
- Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group and have compassion and understanding for the issues homeless people face.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and on a lone working basis.
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or have the ability and willingness to undertake study to achieve this
- Be organised with good time keeping skills
- Be able to demonstrate transferrable skills relating to care
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
Closing date: 12th August 2022
For more information and to apply please visit our website