We are currently recruiting a Senior Support Practitioner for Findlay this is an exciting opportunity to be part of Findlay’s journey within the transition period of moving from school to his own home. Also being part of building a new team to provide the support required for Findlay to live life to the fullest.
Findlay is 18 years of age and lives in East Renfrewshire. He currently lives with his parents until he moves to his own home where he will receive overnight support. Findlay enjoys being out and about in his local community, as well as traveling in to Glasgow City Centre or some days going further afield.
Findlay enjoys spending time at home as well as outdoors and loves spending time in his garden. He also likes to spend time with his family are they are an important part of his life. Findlay likes to have boundaries and structure in his day to day life.
People who know and care for Findlay say he is
• Enjoys his own company but likes to know people are close by
• Chilled out
• He can be mischievous
• Being outdoors
• Playing on swings
• Likes pipe cleaners to flap
• His own Space
• Being out in the car
• Freedom to move around
We are looking for a Senior Support Practitioner who can:
• Have the ability to mentor and lead the team
• Understand the importance of family involvement and multi-agency working
• An understanding of their professional boundaries but also show humanity
• Ability to motivate the team
• Promote development within the team
• Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and written skills
• Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages
• Encourage team members to develop their creativity and problem solving skills
• Promote structure and routines for the supported individual
• Show strength of character and adapt to challenging situations
• Understand Budget Management
• Promote strong community networking
• Possess a good sense of humour
• Be forward thinking and motivated
• Be energetic
• An understanding or experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities
• An understanding of Autism
• SVQ Level 3 in Social Care or willing to work towards this
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something new and diverse. If you feel that you can work in partnership with Findlay, his family and other agencies then we want to hear from you.
The post involves days, evenings, weekends, and overnight support on a rota basis.
You can only be appointed for this post if you are registered with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and are able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council when required for your post.
This position comes under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order)
If you would like an informal discussion before applying please contact, Karen Campbell at Just Connections on 01563 825516.
You can get an application form and job description by calling our recruitment line on 01563 825500 or download an application at partnersforinclusion.org.