Hayfield offers an extensive range of support services to Deaf people with additional care needs such as Mental
Health issues and / or Learning Disabilities. Help make a positive difference to peoples’ lives. We offer a
safe, therapeutic and facilitating environment which encourages individuals to achieve personal fulfilment and
an enhanced level of independence.
Hayfield offers comprehensive training and development, however, knowledge of Deafness, British Sign Language and SVQ
Level 2 or equivalent is desired.
Responsible to: Director and Finance / HR Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration support as directed by Finance / HR Manager in the first instance to manage the requirements of Hayfield Support Services
- Reception duties, acting as a point of contact for visitors, clients or suppliers via email, over the phone or in person
- Welcoming visitors to the building, recording visits where necessary and showing them to meetings.
- Manage and distribute incoming and outgoing documents/mail.
- Working with petty cash and financial recording systems, float replenishment and reconciliations.
- Type Medical Reports, ASP’s, Incident and Information Reports, Reviews, Minutes, letters, forms, memos, templates and other general typing etc, and distribute as required
- Assist with graphic and visual development of documents, to ensure accessibility to service users, including graphic minutes, charts, agreements, satisfaction surveys etc
- Update, develop and record information on database and other internal systems.
- Assist with the introduction of any new procedures, equipment or technology.
- Prepare and update service user documents required for staff to present at weekly review meetings e.g. Reports of incidents, medical appointments, Care Plans and Risk Assessments etc.
- Manage general filing, photocopying and faxing.
- Assist in preparing and collating information for group and individual service user correspondence.
- Provide administrative support to all Managers and their teams
- Minute taking at meetings.
- Maintaining audits i.e. reviews, appraisals, training, accidents, complaints etc.
- Participate and co-ordinate candidates during recruitment days i.e. reception, guide, support candidates.
- Order and replenish stationery supplies as required.
- Participate in any mandatory training, in line with current Health & Safety at Work Legislation.
- To undertake training relevant to the post as discussed and authorised by the Director.
- Manage telephone duties (internal and external). [Become familiar with Video Remote Interpreting (VRI), as used by hard of hearing, deaf and deafened people to use when necessary.]
- Be conversant in basic Sign Language (following completion of BSL Level 1 Training) – Full Training will be provided
- Be conversant and comply with current Health & Safety at Work Legislation and maintain a safe working environment
- To liaise with and assist Director, Managers, Team Leader, Support Workers and other members of staff, as may be required, on a daily basis.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post and in line with the needs of Hayfield to enhance their aims and objectives
For an application form, job description & job spec please see below or visit our website at
CV’s are not accepted.
Please send completed applications to: email@example.com