Four Square have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced female to become
our new Senior Community Development Worker. The role is vital to help us achieve our aim of ensuring every woman
accessing Womanzone’s services feels safe and secure and has access to the right support to help them recover
from trauma and adversity and move on to a positive future. Our aim is that women have a safe and secure home,
have a place in their community and a network of positive relationships that support them to build the life they
The Senior Community Development Worker role has a number of key elements.
Firstly, it is to deliver a holistic programme of individual and group support and activities in collaboration with
partners in the voluntary and statutory sector, volunteers, peer mentors and social work students on
Alongside service delivery a key part of the role is to undertake research, stakeholder consultation and seek funding
opportunities to develop Womanzone into a sustainable project into the future.
To deliver the programme and achieve the outcomes we set at Womanzone, the worker will support social work students
on placement by acting as their link worker; they will recruit, train, and support women to become peer mentors
and; they will recruit, induct, and support volunteers who are offering their skills to the project.
Other tasks of the role include gathering and evaluating feedback and any complaints, data entry on CRM and other IT
systems and preparing quantitative and qualitative data reports regularly to funders commissioners and Four
Squares Leadership Team to demonstrate the impact of the service and the direction of the project.
To be a Senior Community Development Worker you will need:
- Strong personal and professional values that align with our Organisational values of integrity, excellence,
dignity and support;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people who use our services, colleagues and
- In-depth understanding of gender-based violence, domestic abuse, homelessness, trauma and
adversity and how it impacts life outcomes for those we support and ensure the staff team stays up to date with
research and policy developments;
- Excellent group work skills and knowledge of community development
- A commitment to learning and developing and putting this into practice;
- Be a
reflective practitioner and be an active participant in regular reflective practice group supervision;
commitment to individual supervision and appraisal processes and motivation to action the personal development
- To support students, peer mentors and volunteers to engage in regular support and
- To ensure students, peer mentors and volunteers undertake the induction
- Ensure Womanzone meets the standards set down by the Organisation, funders and regulatory
- Membership of regulatory bodies required of the role and application of the codes
standards to their practice;
- To demonstrate leadership skills be an active participant of the wider
management team; To be engaged in the wider Organisation’s activities;
- To demonstrate honesty,
integrity, trustworthiness and be respectful to all – colleagues, people they support, partners, commissioners
etc. and encourage this in the staff team;
- Be committed to excellence and engage in improvement plans
for the services or Organisation;
- Be creative in their approach to supporting people;
- Must be qualified to degree level in a relevant subject i.e. social work, social sciences, psychology, community
education or equivalent etc.;
- To comply always with Four Square’s Code of Conduct, together with its
policies and procedures with regards to the maintenance of professional relationships between colleagues, the
People We Work With and external organisations;
- To adhere to and maintain, all health and safety
- To work in accordance with Four Square’s core values and mission statement.
undertake any other reasonable duties as directed (including providing cover for colleagues, as
- To comply always with the Safeguarding Policy and Procedure;
- To attend
conferences/seminars/training, as required.
The Organisation’s Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Supportive work environment
- Learning and development opportunities
Terms & Conditions:
This is a full time, permanent position:
- 35 hours per week, flexibly between Monday to Sunday to ensure the services meet their contractual requirements;
- £30,100 per annum;
- 35 days annual leave entitlement.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or visit our website
Closing date for applications is Sunday 17th July 2022 at 12.00pm.
Due to the nature and context of the work, there is an occupational requirement for all
members of our staff within this service to be women