Families Outside is the only national charity in Scotland that works solely to support families affected by imprisonment. We are dedicated to providing a range of practical, social and emotional support to children, young people and other family members with someone in prison. This support is relationship-based, prison-aware, and family-focused.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead our Regional Family Support Team to ensure the delivery of high-quality support to people with family members resident in HMP Edinburgh, HMP Glenochil, HMP & YOI Cornton Vale and HMP & YOI Polmont or those living across the East of Scotland who may have family members in prison elsewhere in Scotland. Our Regional Manager will:
· Lead a team of staff and social work students to provide 1:1, family, and/or group work in family homes, community venues, prison, and/or prison visitor centres
· Liaise and contribute to key local and community forums such as Community Planning Partnerships, Third Sector Interface meetings, or Local Authority partners’ meetings
· Create and develop a range of support services to meet the local need across the East of Scotland.
The range of offences and lengths of sentence managed by HMP Edinburgh and HMP Glenochil are extensive, while HMP&YOI Cornton Vale and HMP&YOI Polmont house both young people and women. Additionally the local authority areas across the East of Scotland vary between rural, coastal, and urban areas. This means that the families we support will face a wide range of challenges. It is important that our Regional Family Support Manager is:
· Experienced in leading others
· Passionate about developing high quality family support practice
· Trauma-informed and rights-focused in all they do
· Skilled in building strong, effective relationships with staff, local and regional partners, and stakeholders
· Skilled in creating support to meet the most challenging issues that impact women and young people in prison and their families
· Confident, resilient, and respectful when dealing with challenging situations.
If you are an experienced professional with managerial experience in social work, community work, family support, or other appropriate experiences and are passionate about making a difference for families impacted by imprisonment, then we want to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm on Tuesday 5 July 2022
Interviews: 12 July 2022
Interviews will be held at 17 Gayfield Square, Edinburgh EH1 3NX
If you would like more information on the post, telephone 0131 557 9800
To apply, please visit our website https://www.familiesoutside.org.uk/about-us/recruitment/