Due to our development and growth, we are now in the position to recruit several new and exciting positions.
Are you an experienced administrative professional, looking for a new challenge that can combine your excellent
organisational skills with making a real impact in your community? If so… we might be the place for you!
S.M.I.L.E Counselling is a registered charity in Livingston, providing much needed counselling and support to the
young people of West Lothian. Constituted in 2015, we aim to deliver a bespoke outreach counselling service to
young people to get them into a good place where they feel Supported, Motivated, Inspired, Leading to
self-determination and Empowered to make their own positive choices.
We have been steadily growing our impactful team and now we need to add extra robustness to our administrative
function. We are looking for an Administration assistant to join our admin team.
What would you be doing?
Your role would see you working closely with our Training Team Leader and the training team and would see you being
responsible for ensuring that all our administrative processes are managed efficiently and effectively. Your
day-to-day duties would include;
- Supporting the running of the S.M.I.L.E Training Division, creating opportunities for continuous improvement in
all areas of business administration and financial support
- Be the face and voice of S.M.I.L.E Training
for our students whether in person, over the phone or email, helping them feel welcome and comfortable and
signposting when necessary
- Build and maintain excellent relationships across the team, with key
stakeholders (including S.M.I.L.E volunteers and supporters), community members and
- Responsible for the data management processes, ensuring accurate and secure databases for all
- Managing the workflow of all our administrative processes, ensuring that work is distributed
evenly through the team to ensure consistent delivery
- Responsible and accountable for processing and
interpreting our referrals, data, and evaluation and feedback forms and turning the insight into clear
- Support events coordination/delivery and meeting organisation, including preparing
papers and minute-taking
- Supporting the efforts on our Social Media strategy, creating content in line
with our comms plan, ensuring all contacts are answered
- Basic bookkeeping – being responsible for
tracking the financial aspects of S.M.I.L.E, ensuring accurate records of training revenue streams and payment
- Supporting our trainers and students by creating onboarding packs and plans for their
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Fixed office hours with the opportunity for TOIL
- Generous Annual
- Company pension plan OF 6% employer contribution
- 20% off all West Lothian Leisure
memberships as S.M.I.L.E Staff
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A chance to be
part of a vision that will be instrumental in implementing change in mental health for young people
What are we looking for?
We’d like someone who has previous senior administrative or office manager experience, and are looking for them to be
able to demonstrate to a high level:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, efficiently prioritising a varied workload
management and stakeholder engagement
- Experience of using a range of digital tools and systems to manage
data and improve efficiency. We also ask that you are a competent user of the MS Office Suite, as well as file
sharing software Sharepoint.
- Experience of coordinating a range of meetings and events,
- A good
understanding of mental health issues and working with young people
- Experience of working in an office
environment, providing professional administration and support to a wide team
- Outstanding communication
skills across a diverse staff and client range
- Proactive in approach and deeply passionate about
continuous improvements in how we work
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we can only appoint an individual if they pass sufficient Disclosure
Please email the completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to S.M.I.L.E Counselling,
Fairbairn House, 6 Fairbairn Place, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 6TN
Alternatively, send a covering letter and full CV to email@example.com. An application form will then be
sent to suitable candidates.