Due to our development and growth, we are now in the position to recruit several new and exciting positions.
Are you an experienced administrative professional with leadership experience, looking for a new challenge that can
combine your excellent organisational skills with making a real impact in your community? If so… we might be the
place for you!
S.M.I.L.E Counselling is a registered charity in Livingston, providing much needed counselling and support to the
young people of West Lothian. Constituted in 2015, we aim to deliver a bespoke outreach counselling service to
young people to get them into a good place where they feel Supported, Motivated, Inspired, Leading to
self-determination and Empowered to make their own positive choices.
We have been steadily growing our impactful team and now we need to add extra robustness to our administrative
function. We are looking for an Administration Team Leader to join our admin team.
What would you be doing?
Your role would see you working closely with our Manager and CEO and would see you being responsible for ensuring
that all our administrative processes are managed efficiently and effectively. You would also be responsible for
a small team, which we have plans to grow. Your day-to-day duties would include;
- Overseeing the running of the S.M.I.L.E office, creating opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas
of business administration and financial support
- Be the face and voice of S.M.I.L.E for our users
whether in person, over the phone or email, helping them feel welcome and comfortable and signposting when
- Build and maintain excellent relationships across the team, with key stakeholders (including
S.M.I.L.E volunteers and supporters), community members and suppliers
- Managing a small team of
administrative staff, ensuring support and development of these individuals to ensure the performance of the
administration function remains high
- Ownership our data management processes, ensuring accurate and
- Managing the workflow of all our administrative processes, ensuring that work is
distributed evenly through the team to ensure consistent delivery
- Responsible and accountable for
processing and interpreting our referrals, data, and evaluation and feedback forms and turning the insight into
clear management reports
- Support events coordination/delivery and meeting organisation, including
preparing papers and minute-taking
- Leading the efforts on our Social Media strategy, creating content in
line with our comms plan and updating all channels; Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and our
website ensuring all contact is answered
- Supporting our fundraising activities ensuring that we have
clear line of sight on the plans, expectations and lessons learned
- Basic bookkeeping – being responsible
for tracking the financial aspects of S.M.I.L.E, ensuring accurate records of all donations, training revenue
streams and payment of invoices.
- Supporting our staff and volunteers by creating onboarding packs and
surfacing CPD opportunities
- Executive Assistant duties as required to support the board and
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Fixed office hours with the opportunity for TOIL
- Generous Annual
- Company pension plan OF 6% employer contribution
- 20% off all West Lothian Leisure
memberships as S.M.I.L.E Staff
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A chance to be
part of a vision that will be instrumental in implementing change in mental health for young people
What are we looking for?
We’d like someone who has previous senior administrative or office manager experience, and are looking for them to be
able to demonstrate to a high level:
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, efficiently prioritising a varied workload
management and stakeholder engagement
- Experience of using a range of digital tools and systems to manage
data and improve efficiency. We also ask that you are a competent user of the MS Office Suite, as well as file
sharing software Sharepoint.
- Experience of coordinating a range of meetings and events, from small scale
business meetings to large scale public events
- Experience of leading and managing small, impactful teams
would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of mental health issues and working with young
- Experience of working in an office environment, providing professional administration and support
to a wide team
- Outstanding communication skills across a diverse staff and client
- Proactive in approach and deeply passionate about continuous improvements in how we
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we can only appoint an individual if they pass sufficient Disclosure
Please email the completed application form to: email@example.com or post to S.M.I.L.E Counselling,
Fairbairn House, 6 Fairbairn Place, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 6TN.
Alternatively, send a covering letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application form will then be
sent to suitable candidates.