Reporting to the Head of Finance, the post is
responsible for providing complex financial information to relevant internal and external stakeholders including
Budget holders, Managers and Directors. The Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for the accurate and
timely production of the monthly management accounts, management of the sales and payments processes, as well as
managing the day-to-day activities of the finance team.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Management accounts preparation and reporting
-Overall responsibility for the month
end process in terms of reviewing work of the team for accuracy and completeness
- Sales ledger management -Oversee the work of the Finance Officer in respect of
the Care fees system
reporting -preparation and processing of
the year-end procedures on Pegasus Opera for Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers.
- Payments- Ensure relevant authorisations take place on time in respect of the BACS payroll
and supplier payments ensuring both are made within strict and inflexible timescales.
- Internal control -Ensuring all finance processes are robust, fit for purpose and meet
statutory and legal compliance requirements.
- Line management -Manage the day to day activity of the finance function, including staff management of three members of
What you’ll need to succeed
If you are energetic and well organised, are working
towards a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA / ACCA etc.) and want to work for an organisation whose
core business is improving the lives of others, this could the position for you.
Essential skills & experience required
·Hold or working towards a professional accountancy
qualification – CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA
·Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite of products,
It would be desirable, but not essential, that
candidates have a proven track record of preparing Management accounts and annual financial statements, together
with line management experience.
What you’ll get in return
- Autonomy and ownership of your field of
- Support and
guidance when you need it from a high performing team
- Hybrid working and sector leading pay and benefits
- Fantastic progression opportunities with
development, training and ongoing support
- 28 days annual leave plus 5 public holidays, increasing to 33 days per year, at the rate of 1 additional
day for 5 years
- Employer pension
contribution of up to 10%
payment of PVG
working/Hybrid working considered
- Enhanced sick & maternity pay
- On site Occupational Health Service
- Access to credit union
- Work in modern, purpose-built facilities
- Free On-Site Parking
- Health and Wellbeing Scheme – e.g. complimentary fresh fruit, yoga classes and Cycle to Work
- Access to Employee Reward
Scheme which provides a huge range of discounts on everything from holidays to high street shopping, restaurants
and cinema tickets.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. If you
are selected for interview, you will receive an invite by email (please ensure you check your spam / junk
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a
PVG Scheme Disclosure
Please apply online at erskine.org.uk/careers. If you require the application in another
format please contact the HR Department on 0800 085 7191.
Closing Date: Sunday, 27th June 2022