Ash Regan MSP (Edinburgh Eastern) is looking for a Communications Manager to join her team.
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in
carrying out their duties. You'll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding
service for constituents.
- Acting in a supervisory role with oversight of overall media strategy.
- Establishing media monitoring
systems that detect news instantly as it breaks.
- Managing provision of communications and press
- Implementing media and digital communication strategy.
- Identifying potential
media opportunities and acting as media contact.
- Organising and arranging interviews and press
conferences as specified.
- Identifying forthcoming events, in turn promoting my work.
creative new engagement methods for social media accounts.
- Representing me in dealing with media and
providing statements where appropriate.
- Producing materials that effectively convey my aims to
the general public and media.
- Keeping up to date with current media developments.
- Building and
maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Corresponding with constituents and local campaign
- Producing high quality press briefings, speeches, presentations and written
- Following all media outlets to capture relevant developments as they
- Maintaining information systems to support communications
- Maintaining and growing social
- Drafting and posting social media content to update constituents on my parliamentary
- Reviewing social media trends and briefing me in issues of relevance to my parliamentary
- Have an interest in politics with the confidence to represent someone in a media-related capacity.
- Be capable in monitoring media developments and sourcing information from a range of channels.
- Have the ability to foster good working relationships with confidence to understand how the media world operates.
- Be creative in designing and communicating over a range of formats on different media platforms.
- Have flexibility using relevant IT skills and writing styles, covering both traditional and newer forms of media.
To find out more and to apply, please visit our
Closing Date: midnight on Sunday 29 May