Do you want to work outdoors, explore your creative flair, and make a real difference to your local community?
Do you want the opportunity to utilise the skills in growing a garden to also grow people and develop their gardening knowledge?
New opportunities for sessional/casual work within our Falkirk garden have arisen (due to the expansion of our services to 7 days a week) that could be perfect for you!
About the Walled Garden
The Walled Garden is one of Cyrenians public facing services, where we support people on Community Payback Orders to put back into the community and develop their own horticultural skills.
Set in a public space of half an acre within Dollar Park, Falkirk the garden is highly valued by the community, and is a home for events, volunteering and enjoying the tranquillity it has to offer.
About the role
As sessional Community Gardener you’ll contribute to developing a creative and interactive garden and programme for those engaging with our services. You’ll be surprised at how many opportunities you’ll have to perfect planting, bring new ideas and share your enthusiasm and garden knowledge with others. As you’d imagine, there are plenty of chances to get your hands dirty – and it’s safe to say you’ll never be bored!
You’ll be part of a small garden team who engage with a real variety of people to help us we meet our aims, including those on community payback orders and community volunteers.
You’ll be an experienced gardener with a dynamic ‘can-do’ attitude and a genuine interest in gardens, working outdoors and people. Your enthusiasm and positive outlook will help you nurture an environment where people feel safe, valued and an opportunity to gain new skills
What we can offer you
• Our garden services are delivered 7 days a week and sessional posts enable flexibility for the postholder and meeting service delivery needs
• You’ll be part of an enthusiastic, knowledgeable staff team who will help you develop and grow in your role and a supportive manager.
• You’ll also have access to wider Cyrenians support, including our learning and development programme, and staff wellbeing services.
• Opportunity to apply for internal vacancies
At Cyrenians we tackle the causes and consequences of homelessness. We understand that there are many routes into homelessness, and that there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to supporting people towards more positive and stable futures. That’s why all our work is values-led and relationships-based.
• Compassion: We believe that everyone should have the chance to change, no matter how long that might take.
• Respect: We believe in tolerance, acceptance, valuing diversity and treating each other as equals.
• Integrity: We are committed to the highest quality of work, grounded in honesty, generosity, sincerity and professionalism.
• Innovation: We are willing to take risks, challenge convention and be creative in our search for new ways of working, in particular by taking account of the environmental impact of our decisions.
How to apply
CVs will not be accepted.
Application Notes: This post will be closed once we have reached capacity for this role. You are encouraged to apply early