The post holder is responsible to the Service Manager for the administration and facilities functions of OPFS
Families House in Dundee.
- Reception: Covering the reception area, meeting and greeting visitors, dealing with walk in enquiries,
deliveries, and suppliers. Answering the phones, signposting referrals, responding to the generic OPFS
- Administration: Ensuring effective and efficient administration for OPFS Dundee. Processing
referrals and ensuring data base/Salesforce are accurately maintained. Liaising with managers and staff to
collect information related to service delivery and performance. Providing administrative support for Service
Manager. Maintain document storage in line with OPFS data retention policy and procedures arranging confidential
destruction and archiving as appropriate.
- Properties: Ensuring the smooth operation of the premises in
terms of repairs and regular Planned Preventative Maintenance. Assisting the Service Manager and team with
arranging any reorganisation of office space, including any necessary wiring, IT requirements, heating,
lighting, and other utilities, redecoration and required flooring, and any furniture needs.
- Health &
Safety: Assisting the Service Manager in ensuring that the Dundee premises is compliant in all aspects of health
and safety regulations. Act as the designated fire warden ensuring appropriate training and drills are performed
and documented regularly and act as a First Aider in Dundee.
- Personnel: Maintain accurate and secure
records for all staff employed by OPFS Dundee ensuring that a complete and up to date record is kept for all
absence, leave and contact details for Dundee staff in paper form and electronically with information passed to
OPFS HQ as required.
- Recruitment: Support Service Manager and work in partnership with OPFS HQ. This
will include collation of all relevant information on the role, Job Description etc. Support the production of
documents as required by the interview panel, set up of interview space, including and IT equipment required,
for interviews in Dundee. Co-ordinating induction programmes for new staff as appropriate to their
- IT – Purchasing equipment (laptops and mobile phones) and acting as main internal contact and
support for staff with simple IT issues, advising of appropriate external support as required. Ensuring all IT
equipment and software at Dundee functions and is fit for purpose with liaison with HQ on IT issues.
Administration of OPFS SharePoint and assisting staff.
- Event, meeting and conference organisation:
providing administrative functions for meetings, including arranging rooms, invitations and minute taking.,
Coordinating OPFS events, working in partnership with HQ to arrange appropriate publicity, adequate space and
- Any other duties relevant to the post or organisation as requested by the OPFS
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the time of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all
possible duties. It is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.
- Qualifications: Relevant qualification to HNC level or equivalent relevant experience.
experience of working in a busy office
- Excellent IT skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Experience of working in the Third Sector
- Understanding of single parent challenges
Terms & Conditions
- Confirmation of Appointment: This is a permanent appointment. Confirmation of appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probationary period ending when a probationary review has been completed.
- Salary: OPFS Scale Points 13 – 17 £22542 - £27552 for full time
- Hours of work: Hours of work by mutual agreement. Contract will be for 21 – 35 hours per week, worked flexibly to meet the demands of the job
- Holidays: Annual leave entitlement is 25 days and 12 Public holidays.
- Pension: You will be auto enrolled in our pension scheme with a 3% contribution from you and 7% from OPFS.
- Training and support and supervision: You will receive induction training and frequent support in the first three months. Thereafter you will receive monthly individual support and supervision and annual appraisals. Regular team meetings will be held and staff have access to internal and external training.
- Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly Employment: OPFS aims to be an equal opportunity and family friendly employer. OPFS has Investors In People status.
Please download an application form and relevant documents from our website and email a
completed application to email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday 31st May 2022.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 25 May 2022 at OPFS Dundee, Families House, 20 Grampian Gardens, DD4