We are looking for Project Worker – Community Research to join our team
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to hear the voice of parents who have experience of children going into care. The project will take a participatory approach with parents in the design and delivery of research. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inclusion, willing to take the time to build relationships with birth parents. The successful person will ideally have experience of delivering support and an understanding of research. The role offers a high level of autonomy and requires the successful candidate to be motivated, using their own initiative and have an openness to using creative research methods.
What kind of person will make a great community researcher for Children 1st?
• is fiercely passionate about participation and the voices of birth parents
• thinks it’s a privilege to work with and on behalf of children and families
• is kind and will bring their whole selves to the job: heart and mind
• is committed to being part of transformational change alongside birth parents
What kind of Community Researcher will you be?
• Engage with and amplify the voices of birth parents who have experience of children being removed permanently from their care.
• Work with local partners to connect and establish trust with birth parents who have expe-rience of children being removed permanently from their care.
• Co-produce with parents the design and development of the research project.
Above all else, the most important thing to us is that you are someone who will do the right thing for children and their families at every turn.
Salary, Conditions, Pension
We will offer you a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement (40 days inclusive of 9 public holidays), flexible working opportunities and a contributory pension scheme.
This a permanent, full-time post of 35 hours. Can be considered as a secondment.
Hours to be worked flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Closing date: Friday 20 May 2022 at noon. Interview date to be confirmed
For further information and to apply, please visit children1st.org.uk/who-we-are/about-children-1st/jobs/project-worker-community-research