Families Outside is the only national charity in Scotland that works solely to support families affected by imprisonment. Imprisonment can often have a huge impact on the things that matter most to families: money and secure housing, safe and connected relationships at home and in the community, and the emotional health and wellbeing of families. Families Outside is dedicated to providing a range of practical, social, and emotional support to people with someone in prison that are relationship-based, prison-aware, and family-focused.
We are looking for a Regional Family Support Coordinator to join our team in the North of Scotland as maternity cover. In this position you will play a crucial role in supporting people with family members resident in HMP Grampian, and with involvement in our partnership with
Our Regional Family Support Coordinator will:
• Support families at home and in their community via 1:1, family, and/or group work
• Work closely with key professionals including prison staff and prison visitor centre staff to provide advice, information, and guidance on a range of issues
• Raise awareness with key professionals and local and national stakeholders about the impact of imprisonment and our work to improve outcomes for families
• Work closely with Streetsport to deliver the “Stronger Families Inside Out” project delivered in Aberdeen and at HMP Grampian.
• Contribute to local and regional multi-agency development work including the family strategy groups at HMP Grampian.
We are looking for an individual who is:
• Experienced in working with and alongside families in a creative and flexible way
• Rights-focused in their work and all they do
• Trauma-informed and understands the impact of imprisonment upon families
• Skilled and knowledgeable in working with the challenging issues that impact people in prison
• A confident and effective contributor to working in partnership with others to meet families’ needs
We offer a wide range of staff benefits including hybrid working, travel expenses, access to a pension scheme, laptop and mobile phone and 25 days paid holiday plus 10 public holidays (pro rata).
If you are an experienced professional with social work, community work, family support, or other appropriate experience and are passionate about making a difference for families impacted by imprisonment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information please visit our website familiesoutside.org.uk/about-us/recruitment/rfsc_aber
Please submit your application in the Word format the document is in. Do not convert to a PDF. Our head office address is also provided on the form if you wish to post your application, but we strongly advise emailing instead. Informal enquiries are welcome: please contact us on 0131 557 9800. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion about the post.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 12.00pm, Monday 16th May 2022.
Interviews: w/c 23rd May 2022 (if possible, to be held in person).