Are you looking to make a difference? Would you like to reduce isolation and loneliness in communities?
B healthy together has an exciting opportunity to join our small, dynamic, grassroots charity. In response to community-identified needs, we provide activities that address the impact of health inequalities, poverty, and social isolation on those within our communities.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to develop activities that respond to local needs, in conjunction with the views of our local community members. A key part of this role will be to develop genuine relationships within our communities and create opportunities for individuals to develop their knowledge and skills. By empowering them to take positive steps, benefitting their health and wellbeing and that of the wider community.
1. Develop and facilitate the existing create & connect group and new activities/groups whose main aim is to reduce social isolation and loneliness, in alignment with BHT outcomes and funding
2. Develop and organise our Community Meals alongside local partners (circa 18 meals in financial Year 22/23)
3. Further to the above, the CDW will work alongside the wider BHT team to deliver community health and wellbeing workshops and work closely with the team to ensure the agreed outcomes of the project are being achieved.
4. Build relationships within the local community and with relevant local statutory and non-statutory organisations and networks.
5. Contribute to the development of the volunteering service
6. Gathering and upkeep client data to meet the organisation's reporting needs.
7. Marketing of organisational activities and services to the community.
8. To contribute to consultations relating to existing and new service development.
BHT activities currently comprise adult and child cooking sessions, community meals, health and wellbeing workshops, wellbeing at home project, craft group, BuggyGym, seated yoga, chair exercise, and a walking group. These activities focus on connecting people within our communities, reducing social isolation and contributing to greater health and wellbeing.
We welcome a non-judgemental, inclusive and supportive person who thinks creatively and develops imaginative solutions to problems; with proven experience of working in a community-based organisation and/or the voluntary sector.
The closing date for applications will be 5 pm Monday 16th May 2022
Interviews will be held in person on Tuesday 24th May 2022
An application pack is available to download on our website bhealthytogether.org.uk