Local Energy Action Plan (LEAP) is a Renfrewshire-based environmental charity. We are committed to highlighting the
social, environmental and financial benefits for communities of shared transport and facilitating lower levels
of car ownership and encourage travel by public transport, walking and cycling.
Since 2012, we have operated LEAP Car Club to provide low carbon emission vehicles for hire for as little as an hour
or as long as required. We currently have five vehicles in Linwood and Lochwinnoch – three electric cars and two
We are also about to launch a shared E-Bike pilot in Linwood in partnership with Linstone Housing Association. The
pilot, involving five E-Bikes and 2 cargo bikes, has been primarily been funded by the Energy Saving Trust.
LEAP is seeking a Shared Transport Coordinator to spearhead our E-Bike pilot and assist in delivery of zero-emission
Car Clubs in Linwood and Lochwinnoch.
The purpose of the role is to engage with communities in Linwood, with particular emphasis on Linstone Housing
Tenants, and Lochwinnoch to build E-bike usage and increase Car Club membership and usage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on delivery of E-Bike pilot to meet Energy Saving Trust and Smarter Choices Smarter Places funding
- Drive new member signups to increase the number of users of the E-Bikes and Car
- Effectively communicate the benefits of shared transport and zero-emission vehicles to a new
- Demonstrate bike and car booking, pickup and charging to new members
- Work with
maintenance partners to ensure bikes are properly maintained.
- Manage regular cleaning of Car Club
- Support basic operations of LEAP Car Club as required.
- Oversee and deliver marketing
and communications – online and print.
- Manage inbound enquiries, phone, email, messenger, via drop-in,
face to face.
- Work in partnership with Linstone Housing Association, Local Authorities and other key
- Maintain regular contact with Line Manager and other Contractors
- Organise, attend
and deliver outreach events where possible, including holding focus groups
- Be an enthusiastic advocate
for the value/benefits of making behaviour and structural changes to reduce the amount of CO2 released from
daily activities, particularly through transport/travel
The Shared Transport Coordinator will report to the Project Manager.
The contract is for a period of 12 months with the potential to extend.
- Experience in community engagement
- Experience in motivating individuals to change their
- Confidence in communicating and ability to clearly articulate information
- Ability to
communicate to people from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds
- Self-motivation and tenacity, ability
to motivate others
- Consistent and thorough approach to work with an eye for detail
- Flexible and
able to work occasional weekends
- Holder of a clean driver’s licence for at least two years (or no more
- Required to complete Disclosure Scotland check
- Community Engagement qualifications
- Experience of developing and working with databases and/or excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign or similar
- Interest in/experience of shared transport and sustainability
- Good understanding of how energy is consumed in the home & through transport
- Understanding of the Third Sector
- Familiar with local area
- Access to laptop/computer, and car
- Available to commence work immediately
Application Closing Date: 23rd May
We encourage early applications as we may close recruitment if the right candidate emerges.
Interview Date: tbc