Come and join the team at Cyrenians.
Are you passionate about planting and supporting volunteers and creating wellbeing spaces for people to enjoy? Do you want to work in a small team making a big difference in veterans, their families and other people’s lives?
About Linburn Walled Garden
Cyrenians is in the process of signing a three-year lease with Sight Scotland to manage and develop the walled garden at Linburn, West Lothian. The site is 5,000 square meters and already grows a variety of herbs, wild garlic, orchids and vegetables. The garden is well positioned and in an accessible location close to Cyrenians’ farm, Sight Scotland Linburn Centre, the Military Museum Scotland and Wilkieston Legion Hall. This site offers great potential for further development as we look to expand on our seasonal growing and a range of wellbeing nature-based activities. Cyrenians are the lead partner in Live Life which is a partnership working together to help veterans and their families and carers with their mental and physical health.
About the role
We are looking for a flexible and inspiring Garden & Volunteer Wellbeing Coordinator to come and be part of an exciting community walled garden project. You will have experience of supporting staff and volunteers and be able to assist with the project management of the ongoing development of the garden. Helping ensure that the development of the garden is completed within the seasonal timescale. This is initially a 18-month position with a high possibility of extension as we look to develop the space for health and wellbeing activities.
• Helping with the ongoing development and maintenance of the walled garden
• Working with Live Life and other partners to promote volunteering and creating a space for wellbeing activities
• Helping to recruit volunteers to assist with season growth
• A valued part of a small team looking to make a big impact!
You’ll be an experienced garden coordinator with a dynamic ‘can-do’ attitude and a genuine interest in gardens and wellbeing activities. Your optimistic, forward-thinking outlook will help you to nurture an environment where veterans their families and carers feel safe, valued and have a purpose. You’ll be values-led and relationships-based in all that you do. You’ll also use your excellent interpersonal skills to motivate and inspire participants to get the most out of the opportunities that the garden presents.
You will be joining a small team at the beginning of this exciting new project. This means there will be great opportunities for you to both learn and develop, while sharing your skills and experiences.,
The role will work primarily during the day on week days although some weekend work will be required.
How we’ll support you
We’ll encourage you to be creative and innovative, and to take a pragmatic approach to planning and implementing new initiatives.
You’ll have passionate people around you and a supportive manager. You’ll also have access to wider Cyrenians support, including our learning and development programme, and staff wellbeing services.
At Cyrenians we tackle the causes and consequences of homelessness. We understand that there are many routes into homelessness, and that there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to supporting people towards more positive and stable futures. That’s why all our work is values-led and relationships-based.
• Compassion: We believe that everyone should have the chance to change, no matter how long that might take.
• Respect: We believe in tolerance, acceptance, valuing diversity and treating each other as equals.
• Integrity: We are committed to the highest quality of work, grounded in honesty, generosity, sincerity and professionalism.
• Innovation: We are willing to take risks, challenge convention and be creative in our search for new ways of working, in particular by taking account of the environmental impact of our decisions.
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 16th May 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 24th May 2022
Second stage: Monday 30th May 2022
CV's will not be accepted