The post will be one of a team of development officer posts specifically intended to work closely with Third Sector
Organisations (TSOs) throughout the Inner Moray Firth and for resilience planning across Highland. This specific
role will work with newly establishing TSOs and those needing support around their governance or strategic
planning. The post will also support the ongoing development of the Highland Resilience Network, working with
another part time colleague to enrol and support organisations registering as a resilience partner.
The post holder will be responsible for leading advice and guidance to groups around these topics, ensuring that they
are informed of the regulatory and legal information necessary. They will also support the broader work of HTSI
in developing a strong Third Sector across the Highlands, including delivery of training, workshops and policy
development relevant to the speciality areas connected with this post.
- To maintain a personal competency in relation to the needs of the role, including but not limited to, an
in-depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and legal aspects of running a TSO, good practice in
governance, charity law and funding practices. The post holder will also have to maintain a good understanding
of the resilience landscape.
- To develop and maintain a reference library of relevant information,
referral options and guides from which to advise and guide TSOs.
- To support TSOs on a one to one basis
with advice and guidance, maintaining accurate case records and systems recording these interactions.
deliver training and advice session to TSOs as necessary.
- To produce and maintain content for the HRN
website, HTSI website and other platforms as necessary.
- To support the publication and maintenance of
the HRN documentation, a wide range of ‘self-help’ tools and packs for TSOs.
- Supporting the promotion of
the Third Sector, its role and importance within Communities; encouraging new developments and sharing
information to support community development and resilience.
- To contribute to the production of the HTSI
Annual Report and other external communications for wider stakeholder information.
- To work collectively
across the development team and wider HTSI organisation collaboratively, respectfully, fairly and honestly;
always undertaking to represent the organisation in an appropriate manner and with the integrity expected by
- To undertake any other reasonable task required of the post by the line manager.
- Experience of working within the Third Sector for more than two years
- Experience of the implementation
and upkeep of work planning
- Experience of Third Sector Governance and charity
- Experience of delivering training and/or one to one advice work
- Experience of
development within a small/medium organisation.
- Experience of governance from the perspective of working
or volunteering within the Third Sector.
- Experience of facilitating and working within a community
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of the third sector, ideally within Highland and/or a rural area.
- Knowledge of existing
support, training and tools available to the Third Sector in Highland
- Knowledge of charity
- Knowledge of infrastructure support for TSOs
- An ability to write and deliver
training to a high standard
- A high competency in oral and written communication skills – graduate level
- Knowledge of the role and functions of an Interface, specifically the Highland
- Good presentational skills, including the ability to create and use PowerPoint.
Computer and IT skills including – Microsoft, Windows and Excel, Facebook and twitter
- Some awareness of
filming, social reporting and/or other digital engagement tools would be an advantage but isn’t
- Self-starter, proactive and excellent organiser with the ability to work to project management
- Leadership skills and an understanding of which style of leadership is appropriate for a given
- Negotiation, representation and influencing skills
- Good interpersonal skills –
flexibility for different audiences, tact, diplomacy, adaptability.
- Honesty and
- Approachable, confident and at ease with others.
- Ability to work as part of a team and
- Commitment to the principles of confidentiality, and equality of opportunity
Responsible to: TSI Services Manager
To apply, please visit our website.