Place2be is currently recruiting for a CBT/KIT Supervisor and Trainer! The purpose of this role is to support the development, supervision and training delivery of KIT (Knowledge Insight Tools), an innovative CBT informed intervention for Young People presenting with stress/anxiety and low mood.
In this role, you will initially run CBT, group consultation sessions for internal Secondary School Based Staff. This first phase will run from January to July 2022. You will also contribute to KIT development and training delivery for new Clinical Staff, working closely with the Staff Training team to schedule and embed the staff training cycle.
The post-holder could be based anywhere in the UK but would need to be willing to travel in the UK for training delivery. They will report to the Clinical Lead for Scotland and ensure that KIT is quality assured through development, evaluation, delivery and consultation.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
• organise and provide 4 KIT consultation groups (up to 8 participants) a week between January and July 2022. Each group will meet 6 times
• provide CBT, group consultation for new starters (Clinical Staff), who have completed their online KIT modules
• monitor Place2Be Learning Platform comments and deliver live KIT skills practice training and surgeries
• support the Clinical Lead, Director of Marketing and Communications as well as the Project Manager for Clinical Innovations with marketing and promotion of the programme
• monitor, support and evaluate participants confidence, competency, knowledge and practice
• coordinate in collaboration, the development of material on online platforms
Diversity and Inclusion
Place2Be is committed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practices and we positively encourage applications from all sections of the community. We are particularly interested in attracting applications from applicants from diverse backgrounds as they are underrepresented.
Additionally, for our clinical roles we are particularly keen in attracting male candidates to reflect the diversity of the partner schools and communities we work in.
All successful applicants to clinical and some non-clinical roles will be asked to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS/PVG.
The successful candidate:
• have a recognised clinical qualification in Counselling/Psychotherapy/Childhood Development/Clinical Psychology/Social Work
• have a recognised CBT qualification or has received CBT skills and theory training as part of an integrative clinical qualification
• post qualified experience in a senior clinical role working with children, young people, families and schools
• experience of delivering CBT therapy with CYP
• experience of evaluating confidence, competence, knowledge and practice in order to offer further support and maintain the integrity of the intervention
• knowledge and experience on building relationships through effective communication with all stakeholders within the school community and wider Place2Be team
Interview Date: Thursday 27th January 2022 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
• Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
• Robust Learning and Development Programme
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
• Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
• Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work – but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification on our website for further details.
To apply please visit our website: careers.place2be.org.uk/vacancies/779/cbt-kit-supervisor-and-trainer.html
Closing Date: 19 Jan 2022