Beatson Cancer Charity supports people affected by cancer, every step of the way. From the hospital wards, right to the heart of the communities that The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre serves, we believe everyone should experience cancer with care, with love and with hope.
We are seeking a Campaigns Officer to support our Head of Supporter Care and Individual Giving.
The Campaigns Officer will connect with and inspire our donors through multiple channels by telling them the stories that are being made every day by wellbeing practitioners, researchers and specialist clinical staff at The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre.
To be successful in the role you will need exceptional written skills and the ability to glean insights from data, with proven experience of delivering fundraising campaigns to a high standard, on time and within budget. If you have these skills and the desire to help people right when they need it most, we’d love to hear from you.
Occasional flexible working will be required to attend events including evenings and weekends.
• Support implementation of the individual giving strategy to reach agreed targets and raise significant income for the charity by delivering a series of Individual Giving campaigns.
• Accountable for achievement of financial targets.
• Provide support to the Head of Supporter Care and Individual Giving in producing analytical reports on all activity.
• Provide best practice, in line with GDPR, the Institute of Fundraising Code of Fundraising Practice, charity law, OCSR guidelines and other legal requirements when planning and coordinating campaign activity.
• Keep abreast of competitor campaigns, emerging practice and channels within the broader Individual Giving landscape.
• Provide individualised stewardship and support of donors responding to campaigns, though email, telephone and face to face.
Production of Core Direct Mail Campaigns
• Responsible for the production of campaigns, including working with suppliers.
• Utilise data in planning and executing successful appeals.
• Create and edit engaging copy and content for supporting channels.
• Utilise digital channels to increase donor engagement and complement Direct Mail campaigns.
• Contribute to post-campaign reporting and analysis.
• Responsible for administration and marketing of the Legacy programme.
• Support the development of a mid-level donor programme.
• Support the delivery of donor upgrade/direct debit conversion campaigns.
• Support the development of the Tribute Fund.
• Support the development of donor acquisition campaigns.
• Test new channels and initiatives.
• Work with colleagues in the supporter care team to ensure effective development, retention and stewardship of new and existing donors.
• Assist in the development of the supporter journey structure with the implementation of improved triggered communications, customising steps of engagement to convert and retain supporters.
Essential Candidate Criteria
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience. • Demonstrable track record of success in fundraising from Individual Giving channels.
• Experience of creating and editing engaging copy.
• Knowledge of Direct Mail techniques and print production.
• Discretion, sensitivity and awareness of legislative obligations in handling data relating to individual donors.
• Project management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent written, verbal and face to face donor stewardship skills.
• The ability to analyse and glean insights from data. • Excellent level of computer skills.
Person Specification • Creative thinker. • Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
• Professional, creative and thorough.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
Closing Date: 17th January 2022
Interview Date: W/C 24th January 2022
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Beatson Cancer Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to employing a wide range of employees who are reflective of the diverse community that we support.