The Chaplaincy: About our team
The Chaplaincy is part of the Student Wellbeing Service and is based in its own premises at the Edinburgh campus where there are approximately 8000 students. The purpose of the Chaplaincy is to enhance the student experience by promoting spiritual and social wellbeing to people of all faiths and no religious faith, and by providing a multi-cultural meeting place for mutual support and interaction. The Chaplaincy building is used for a wide variety of spiritual and social activities and events, and is run by a team of staff and volunteers. Some of the key activities taking place in the building or organised by the Chaplaincy are as follows:
• A weekly meal on Wednesday evenings for 50+ students
• Worship provision
• Social and cultural events (some run by the Chaplaincy and others by student or staff groups)
• Trips to the Scottish countryside for international students
• Online events such as quizzes and cultural evenings to support students who cannot attend in person
• Major university events such as the Anniversary Church Service, Annual Public Lecture and Christmas Carol Celebration
This Executive Assistant post plays a key role in delivering a front-line service to students and staff.
You will work in a team consisting of the Chaplain, part-time Student Support Administrator, Chaplaincy International Worker, part-time Muslim Chaplain, plus two student residents who reside in the building. You will oversee the catering activities, ensuring compliance with food hygiene regulations and you will work with the Student Support Administrator in carrying out administrative work and operating data bases and other systems concerned with the activities of the Chaplaincy. You will also play a key role in co-ordinating/organising events as detailed above.
A full Job Description and Person Specification is available for download below.
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UK time) on 19th January 2021. For full information, please go to the website link below.