Purpose of the post:
To provide support and assistance to the Dundee Women’s Aid team to enable the best possible service to be provided
to service users.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Duties of the role include the moving and handling of items when supporting service users, manual handling of
personal belongings to help service users move items in between refuge facilities and new homes.
families and admit them to flats, at the same time explaining rules and conditions. This includes transporting
them and their belongings to refuge
- Provide an induction to new residents on the heating system,
security of the premises and electrical equipment.
- Where appropriate assist women in refuge with the
completion of forms, etc.
- Assist with the collection of charges due from residents in refuge, issue
receipts, keep records of cash collected, payments due/in arrears, deposit cash at DWA office base
for the other Facilities staff in their absence
- Clean and prepare refuge properties for occupation by
service users when the cleaner needs additional help
- Liaise with the Facilities and wider team in
preparing refuge properties for occupation
- Carry out Weekly Checks of flats and refuges for Health &
Safety purposes and ensure that flats are properly maintained by residents and report repairs to the landlord,
pass any difficulties to the Senior Facilities Worker
- Respond to ad hoc Health and safety checks
- Maintain and check periodically the inventory of furnishings, bedding, crockery, kitchen
utensils, etc. pertinent to each flat.
- Complete DIY repairs and maintenance tasks including painting and
- Ensure that immediately prior to a family vacating the accommodation the inventory is
- Assist with the maintenance of the storeroom and goods therein in a proper and tidy manner and
ensure all necessary paperwork for the receipt/and/or issue of resources is completed.
- Provide general
admin support to the team including filing, photocopying, maintaining a ready supply of forms such as housing
benefit, etc., supplies of stationery.
- Ensure all resources are replenished and
- Assist in the update of Welcome Packs for refuge properties
- There may be a
requirement to work out with normal working hours on occasions.
- The post holder is required to travel
extensively throughout Dundee. It is a requirement of the post holder to hold a full driving licence and have
access to a vehicle with insurance cover for business use. Please note, applicants who do not meet this criteria
will not be shortlisted.
This job description cannot cover every issue or task that may arise within the scope of the post. The post-holder
will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with the duties as
detailed above. The post-holder is required to be a member of the PVG Scheme.
For further details about the role and to apply, please visit the Dundee Women’s Aid website
Closing: 8:00am Friday 28th January 2022.