Purpose of the post:
The cleaner is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of our office base and communal areas within refuge by
performing various cleaning duties. The cleaner will also be required to assist in the cleaning of refuge
accommodation after a woman leaves in preparation for the next resident. Duties and hours may vary. There will
be core hours for cleaning office and communal refuge areas but a more flexible approach to refuge turnover. The
cleaner may be responsible for any or all of the following tasks. Tasks may also change throughout a cleaner’s
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Maintain the cleanliness of the office premises to a high standard.
- Deep clean refuge accommodation to a high standard after a resident has left.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, toilets, mirrors, floors, etc. Replenish bathroom supplies. Polish
metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners. Other floor work may be required such as
scrubbing, waxing and polishing floors.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, tables, chairs, kitchen units, refrigerators, cookers etc. Replenish
staff room supplies.
• Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, etc.
- Empty waste bins and recyclables and transport to disposal area.
- Keep up to date with paperwork and associated tasks.
- Clean rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaner.
- Wash walls and woodwork. Wash windows, door panels, partitions, sills, etc.
- Bag up any belongings left behind by residents.
- Report any repairs or concerns.
- Order cleaning supplies.
For further details about the role and to apply, please visit the Dundee Women’s Aid website
Closing: 8:00am Friday 28th January 2022.