Grow West Fife is a community garden based in a walled garden near Culross in Fife. We were set up by a group of volunteers during the first lockdown of 2020 to grow vegetables for local pantries and food banks.
As we move into an exciting time for the garden when we hope to welcome more individuals and groups to the garden and increase our activities, we are looking for trustees who can help us grow. We are particularly keen to recruit people with specialist skills in:
• Accounting & Finance
• Community engagement
• Volunteer engagement
• Marketing, PR and social media
• Community gardens
• Growing vegetables
• Management / Project management
We welcome applications from people of all genders, abilities, ethnic origins and ages, and will appoint entirely on merit.
Duties of a Grow West Fife trustee
• Ensure the charity adheres to its objectives as set out in the governing documents
• Work collectively ensure that GWF has a clear mission, aims and strategic direction which are adhered to
• Contribute to the drawing up of annual plans and help oversee their implementation
• Attend 6 board meetings per year - either at the garden or on Zoom
• Provide specialist support and insight where needed
• Be an ambassador for the garden, seek out opportunities to further the charity’s aims
• Oversee the management of the garden
• Ensure the good governance of the project
• Ensure proper accounting procedures are in place and adhered to
• Assist in funding applications where appropriate
• Assist in preparation of the annual report and accounts
• Take part in the monitoring and evaluation of Grow West Fife activities
Responsibilities of a trustee:
• Set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
• Develop direction, strategy and planning.
• Ensure the organisation has the structure and resources for its work.
• Establish policies and procedures to govern organisational activity, including guidance for the board, volunteers and staff.
• Establish systems for reporting and monitoring.
• Manage risk and ensure compliance and accountability with the governing document, external regulators and the law.
• Make certain that the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted properly and are accurately reported.