The Community Development Officer’s main function/responsibility will be to:
• Co-design Community Development opportunities which are responsive to local need, leading to improved life chances through learning, personal development and active citizenship while developing stronger, more resilient, supportive, empowered and inclusive communities within the North West
• Participate in ROSC in the Northwest of the city, ensuring community and individuals with lived experience of recovery are at the core of any developments
• Provide resource support to ROSC events, seminars, workshops and training opportunities
• Establish and re-establish post Covid, mutually beneficial, encouraging relationships with stakeholders, including Care and Treatment provision, Community & Third Sector organisations, Private Sector
• Establish parameters for collaborative working, be the main point of contact for all relevant stakeholders
• Support the community to contribute to ROSC Action Plans and Developments
• Conduct periodic evaluations to establish additional possibilities for collaboration
• To strengthen and develop the working relationships between GCA and NW Recovery Communities
• Work in collaboration with NWRC staff and volunteers
In return for choosing to work for GCA, the benefits you will receive are:
• Very generous annual leave entitlement: full time employees start with an annual leave entitlement of 37 days (inclusive of 12 bank holidays) which increases to 38 days after 2 years, 40 days after 5 years and 42 days after 10 years length of service.
• 5 duvet days where employees may take time off at short notice.
• Death in service policy of 2 times salary.
• Cycle to work scheme where employees can save money on a new bike and spread the cost.
• Training and development commitment to help employees perform to the best of their abilities.
Glasgow Council on Alcohol (GCA) was founded in 1965 and is the oldest established Council on Alcohol in Scotland. GCA is a voluntary organisation working to reduce the harm caused by alcohol misuse through the provision of a range of high quality advice, information, counselling, support, prevention and education and training services.
GCA works in partnership with North West Recovery Communities, with the current arrangements underpinned by this joint initiative.
For an application pack please head to our website glasgowcouncilonalcohol.org or download below.
If you need the application form in an alternative format please contact Glasgow Council on Alcohol, 14 North Claremont Street, Glasgow G3 7LE Tel: 0141 353 1800 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: A PVG membership will be required for this post. This will be arranged by Glasgow Council on Alcohol.
No CV’s please, submit completed applications to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Thursday 16th December 2021 at 5pm
Date of shortlisting meeting to select candidates for interview: Tuesday 21st December 2021
Date of interviews: Thursday 13th or Friday 14th January 2022 -Face to Face interview in GCA
Date of appointment: ASAP