Pilton Youth and Children’s Project is a charity formed in 1997 and based in North West Edinburgh. We provide a range of services for local children and young people, including youth and children’s clubs, group work programmes and 1:1 support.
We are looking for experienced sessional workers to be part of our youth and children’s work team and work in our after school provision. We are also able to offer additional hours to cover staff absence and in holiday programmes. Candidates are welcome to apply for all or some of the hours available.
Tuesday – Primary 5 to 7 Club, term time from 3pm to 5.30pm (2.5 hours):
Working with a team of youth workers to develop and deliver a range of activities for children aged 8 to 11; including art and crafts, sports, games, cooking and themed/ issue based sessions.
Friday - Primaries 1/2 and Primaries 3/4 Clubs, term time from 1.30 pm – 5.00pm (3.5 hours)
Working with younger children to develop and deliver a range of activities such and art and crafts, cooking, games and sport as well as themed/ issue based sessions.
Friday Hub for S1+, term time – starting January 2022 (Times to be confirmed but no later than 9pm (approximate hours 2.5 – 3 hours):
Working with young people aged 12+ to develop and deliver a range of engaging activities, including sports, cooking, crafts and themed/ issue based sessions. Also working with a harm reduction approach with young people around risk taking behaviours and using activities to divert from/ prevent this.
• At least 2 years’ experience of working with young people in youth work setting, or in a similar role such as social work, education or support work.
• Experience of working as part of a team. The post holder will be required to work alongside other youth workers and volunteers in delivering our services.
• Ability to work independently and use their own initiative.
• Understanding of the needs of young people and an ability to develop programmes to meet these needs.
• Good level of organisational, administrative, IT and communication skills.
What we offer you
Rate of pay: £11.21
Up to 5.6 week
Complete an application form (save as your name in Word document) and Equal Opportunity form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No CV’s please.
There is no closing date, applications will be reviewed and on submission. We will then be in touch to let you know if your application is being considered and if we would like you to attend an interview.
We always reply to your application. If you have been unsuccessful we will let you know.
For more information please contact our Business Manager email@example.com