Project Trust is an educational charity based on the Hebridean Isle of Coll. We have over fifty years’ experience in international volunteering for young people, organising challenging, long-term placements with partnership organisations in Africa, Asia and the Americas. We annually select around 260 young people from across the UK for eight to 12-month teaching and youth development projects around the world. Our Volunteers are provided with training and support before, during and after their international placements, and return home with broadened horizons and an impressive range of transferrable skills, true Global Citizens.
Our International Programmes have recently re-opened and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Country Co-ordinator to join our team on the Isle of Coll. The Country Co-ordinator is responsible for the day-to-day running of a number of international country programmes and is the first point of contact in the UK for Volunteers and their parents. The role involves supporting our Volunteers on their international placements from the UK and undertaking visits to projects abroad, as well as participating in the selection and training of our Volunteers. The successful applicant will have a flair for customer service, the ability to work autonomously, and excellent organisational skills.
Main areas of responsibility include:
• Providing support and guidance to a cohort of Volunteers, pre-departure and during their international placements
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Volunteers, their families, international representatives and project hosts
• Visiting Volunteers abroad and assisting with sourcing potential new projects
• Responding to urgent situations occurring abroad, with support of senior staff
• Administration of international placements, including visa applications
• Participating in Selection, Training and Debriefing of Volunteers
Essential skills & experience include:
• Excellent customer service skills, with a commitment to providing an outstanding service to Volunteers and third parties
• Excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
A recognised qualification or equivalent experience in mental health/counselling or education is desirable, as is experience of living or working in an international environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the international programme strategy and operations of an innovative and ambitious charity at an important time in its 50-year history.
The role is based in the Project Trust office on the Isle of Coll.
To find out more, please download the Role Description.
To apply for the role of Country Co-ordinator at Project Trust, please send a tailored CV and letter of application, explaining how your skills, expertise and qualities make you an excellent fit for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the role into the email subject field.
First round interviews will take place (remotely) on 16 and 17 December 2021. A second stage interview may be required. The preferred start date is early January 2022.
Closing date for applications is 12 December 2021.
Project Trust recognises the positive value of diversity and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.