Turning Point Scotland North East Edinburgh Recovery Services provides recovery focused psychosocial interventions to adults experiencing drug and alcohol-related issues across North East Edinburgh. We work within a hub model with partners, including NHS Lothian, CEC Social Work and other voluntary agencies to ensure individualised packages of care to enable service users to achieve their recovery goals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team at the Leith Hub 5 Links Place Edinburgh EH6 7EZ. You will be providing the high-quality delivery of 1:1 and group recovery focused interventions to those we support. The services are delivered from our main offices and on an outreach basis in pharmacies GP surgery and at client's home where required.
Please note all staff are expected to be able to work across both Leith and Craigmillar sites when required.
As a busy established recovery hub we are seeking candidates who already have some knowledge of drug and alcohol harm reduction and treatment options and can demonstrate experience working with this client group.
Main duties and responsibilities
Support to people who use services - To:
• provide support and assistance to people who we support in accordance with their support plans and service aims.
• be responsible for undertaking initial and on-going assessments of people who we support.
• advise people who we support in accordance with guidance from senior colleagues or in accordance with the service aims.
• be a key worker for a person or people who have complex or multiple needs.
• maintain professional confidentiality and boundaries at all times.
• support and assist people who we support in crisis situations, and/or manage physical risk or behaviour likely to cause incidents, in accordance with the support plan or service protocol.
• travel within the service area you are contracted for and supporting the travel and transportation of people who we support in accordance with their support plan (mobility, own car, service vehicles, public transport etc).
• have an good understanding of the causes and effects of social exclusion as is relevant to the service and area in which you work.
Please visit our website to apply
Closing date: 8th December 2021.