Are you an experienced recovery practitioner seeking a new opportunity to be a full-time duty practitioner in one of WDP’s fully integrated flagship services?
Launched in 2018, WDP Merton is a fully integrated substance misuse service, providing clinical and psychosocial interventions, operating from a main treatment hub, with additional satellites within the community. The team actively promotes recovery and works with individuals that are directly and indirectly affected by substance misuse, working with the local community to improve the health, wellbeing and functioning of Merton residents, irrespective of circumstance.
This is an exciting opportunity to hold a key role in our recovery team of a permanent duty practitioner. This role will not hold a caseload of their own but will be able to support the service to ensure that we maintain effective cover and a high standard of treatment when needed.
The duty practitioner will be able to issue prescriptions, conduct assessments, or hold keyworking appointments or groups when other practitioners are unavailable, across a caseload that includes service users who are prescribed OST, have alcohol dependence, or are using (or abstinent) of other substances.
The duty practitioner will be able to provide high quality harm reduction advice in person and by phone for all substances and within our needle exchange, to assist with dry blood spot testing, issuing naloxone kits and training, and taking referrals.
The successful candidate will be a core member of our front-of-house team, presenting a positive first impression of WDP Merton to all visitors to the service.
We are seeking committed, organised and highly motivated candidates, with an in-depth knowledge and experience of the challenges affecting people with substance misuse and related health and wellbeing issues.
Through joining WDP you will receive a warm welcome, peer support, training, regular supervision and the chance to thrive in a lively and innovative service.
• Salary £23,500 - £27,175 per annum plus London Weighting Allowance of £2,100
• This is a permanent post that is based in the service full time.
• 37.5 hours per week, with some evening cover on rotation
To see the generous range of benefits we offer at WDP – including health and wellbeing initiatives, financial perks and development opportunities – visit our Benefits Package
The role is based at the Merton hub, but at times may involve travel to external meetings and satellites within the borough, and to other WDP locations as needed.
Why Should You Apply?
• An opportunity to join one of WDP’s flagship services and contribute to service development.
• Be part of a high-performance team that is focused on quality and welcomes innovation.
• Competitive salary and professional develop opportunities.
For an informal chat about the role, contact Alex Hatfield, Team Leader on 07383 081886 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website: wdp.ciphr-irecruit.com/applicants/vacancy/666/Duty-Recovery-Practitioner---Merton
The closing date for applications is Sunday 19th December at 00:00 midnight.
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 3rd January in person at our Mitcham service.
WDP and Our Values
WDP is an innovative behaviour-change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing, and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health, and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
• In partnership
• Strong belief in service users
• Community focused
Diversity and Equality
• WDP are a committed equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from disabled candidates, and those from minority ethnic backgrounds.
• WDP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
• All posts are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check prior to the confirmation of any job offer.
Note: Please use your personal statement to highlight any relevant experience directly linked to the role you have applied for. Any CVs sent with the application will be disregarded.