As Carers Link Worker for Angus Carers Centre you will work within a team responsible for unpaid adult carer
identification and support for unpaid carers.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide information about available services, benefits and other organisations of interest to carers
- Provide individual one to one support to carers and assess the support needs of carers
- Work alongside the Carer Development Workers to ensure carers outcomes are met in an appropriate and meaningful way
- Signpost to appropriate services to help lessen the impact of the caring role on carers
- Raise awareness of unidentified carers and support carers already identified
- Bring carers together for mutual support and develop support groups as appropriate
- Organise social and leisure activities for carers
- Work as part of the team to organise and facilitate or deliver appropriate training for carers
- Liaise with the Volunteer Development Worker in relation to matching volunteers and carers for the volunteer befriending service
- Develop positive links with other service providers, promoting the needs of carers
To apply, please provide the following:
- A covering letter explaining why you want the job, highlighting your relevant experience, and explaining how you
meet the ‘Person Specification’ (detailed below). The letter should be between 800 and 1000 words.
- A CV,
limited to two pages.
- Contact details for two work or education related references. (Please state
clearly if you do not want us to contact your referees prior to interview.)
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: 24th January 2022.